Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
What's the issue? I did not see the other thread

All I could think of would be that they felt a bit loose, but... I'm not sure if that would cause issues
Find the other thread,they don't fit for most. They were excellent on customer service and fixing the issue however :headbang:can't wait til mine ship:D
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Find the other thread,they don't fit for most. They were excellent on customer service and fixing the issue however :headbang:can't wait til mine ship:D
We will be shipping them out ASAP when they arrive. The new base design will be a perfect fit and will stay in the socket very securely.

Anyways, back to the topic

Has anyone done a weight comparison of the factory exhaust for the EB? I've heard the GT exhaust weighs over 70 lbs!

Nick C.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
^ One of the best sounding exhaust systems for the ecoboost hands down in my opinion! Lets just hope the dual exhaust kit sounds as good!
I agree. I'm not bothered to much about the fake exhaust tip and single out. Sounds awsome. I'd get it now if I could. By the time I am able to do exhaust maybe the dual will be available and sound as good.

FRPP Touring would be my #2 choice.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
RIP Tuning should be doing a start up video with some revs soon. I'll post when they email me the video.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Another MRT catted turboback exhaust sound clip. Maybe if they release their mufflers as an axleback exhaust it could sound good. Keep the center resonator and have their catted downpipe. It might... :shrug:

[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Car sounds almost as bad as it looks IMO lol

Still.. I'm sure some people will like it.

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I still argue that a high-flow catted downpipe and Ford Racing Touring mufflers are the perfect set-up, sound-wise.

You need that resonator.

It's unfortunate that if you need the performance and weight savings the car will sound like a swarm of bees, but that's the way it is.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I know there is a way to open up this exhaust, and keep it tame for the most part. I aim to find out how.

Mike

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I know most any part will appeal to some people, but if I were MRT and just spent a decent amount of time developing an exhaust system and that was the result, I woulda thrown it in the garbage and started over. On the other hand, there's definitely a correlation between the appearance and sound of that Mustang...and I'm guessing none of us are the target consumer.

How much power are aftermarket exhausts worth on these cars? If very little, I'd just stay stock. Which begs the question...has anyone cut the stock resonator or mufflers open yet?

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I know most any part will appeal to some people, but if I were MRT and just spent a decent amount of time developing an exhaust system and that was the result, I woulda thrown it in the garbage and started over. On the other hand, there's definitely a correlation between the appearance and sound of that Mustang...and I'm guessing none of us are the target consumer.

How much power are aftermarket exhausts worth on these cars? If very little, I'd just stay stock. Which begs the question...has anyone cut the stock resonator or mufflers open yet?
On any turbo car, restrictions in the exhaust hurt power and build heat. Plus, the factory stuff weighs a ton. My #1 objective is to get rid of that watermelon sized cat and free up the downpipe. Then, it is to get the most straight through system on this car possible, but while keeping it quiet. I can assure you that the stock exhaust is not designed for maximum flow, but for silence.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
On any turbo car, restrictions in the exhaust hurt power and build heat. Plus, the factory stuff weighs a ton. My #1 objective is to get rid of that watermelon sized cat and free up the downpipe. Then, it is to get the most straight through system on this car possible, but while keeping it quiet. I can assure you that the stock exhaust is not designed for maximum flow, but for silence.
I agree 100% on your view and ultimate target. Please share when you find your solution as I for one would be very interested.

Last edited:

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I agree 100% on you view and ultimate target. Please share when you find your solution as I for one would be very interested.
I have some ideas. After I try it out, I will most definitely share. ;)

Mike

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Every time I hear the mrt it sounds worse. Wow that is a terrible sound.
Sponsored