Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I really hope this is legal in California :)
You should be OK since there is an amber reflector in the headlight, however, you may need to check your local laws regarding removing the amber sidemarker light as well. The whole dual color function is 100% fine, some areas just require am amber corner light.
Usually DD is really good about posting color temps, but for some reason not on these. I ordered all my leds and replacement hids in 5000k.
These are a special listing, which is why all the normal options are not shown. Trying to keep it simple. These are 6000K. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
How long until we can replace the fog light with an amber LED?
You can now. ;) You just need an H11 LED fog light.
You would need to replace the actual lamps, it is not a bulb replacement or anything like that. There are no options on the market right now unless you're willing to fabricate your own brackets or something. The only thing you could do right now would be to add an amber film such as lamin-x on top of the factory lens.

It seems there is a lot of demand so we are indeed developing an amber fog light, but we are still 2-3 months out due the tooling and molding required.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
You would need to replace the actual lamps, it is not a bulb replacement or anything like that. There are no options on the market right now unless you're willing to fabricate your own brackets or something. The only thing you could do right now would be to add an amber film such as lamin-x on top of the factory lens.

It seems there is a lot of demand so we are indeed developing an amber fog light, but we are still 2-3 months out due the tooling and molding required.
Well that's unfortunate. What are the con's to the laminate?

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks Nick. Another item I must spend my money on!

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
In the demo, I noticed that turn signal indicators under the rear view mirrors were not visible.. what happened? Also, does converting the front turn signals affect the speed of the rear sequential lights?

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Just that it appears yellow when it's off. Otherwise, it really works great and should be quite cheap.
I actually kinda like that it looks yellow even when the lights are off...is that weird lol

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Well that sucks. The color temp on the oem ones are way too blue compared to the headlights.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
In the demo, I noticed that turn signal indicators under the rear view mirrors were not visible.. what happened? Also, does converting the front turn signals affect the speed of the rear sequential lights?
Uh... we don't have those at all :( Base ecoboost.
I actually kinda like that it looks yellow even when the lights are off...is that weird lol
Nope, it's just personal preference! Go for it!
Well that sucks. The color temp on the oem ones are way too blue compared to the headlights.
Correct, the fogs on our car don't even match, they are basically the cheapest Ford could possibly get. Also, not bright at all. You can bet there will be some good upgrade options in the months ahead. :thumbsup:

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Does converting the front turn signals affect the speed of the rear sequential lights? P.S. I've ordered the kit. So far I have ordered all LED's for the 2015 that you offer

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
The rears are not shown on a direct view.. just a minimal reflection of the back wall, but thanks for the suggestion.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
The rears are not shown on a direct view.. just a minimal reflection of the back wall, but thanks for the suggestion.
Didn't read "rear"...sorry. They looked to be functioning normally though.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Does converting the front turn signals affect the speed of the rear sequential lights? P.S. I've ordered the kit. So far I have ordered all LED's for the 2015 that you offer
We appreciate it! Your rear turns will work exactly the same. Everything else functions completely normally. This does not change any other functions in any way.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
Thumbs up, ordered the whole lot. Now I just need my car.
Sponsored