Sponsored

Tech test drive warranted after tire switch out?

2bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Shadow Black)
Hi had my winter tires switched out for my all seasons last month while I was getting an oil/filter change. The winter tires came off my rims and the all seasons were put on. I was at the dealer for 2 hours (way too long in my opinion).

Anyway, after I get the car home I checked my dash cam footage and the the tech took my car around the block, about 2 kms (just over a mile). My question is, is this warranted or was he joy riding? I didn't notice anything extreme on the video but it seemed like he was going kind of fast in a residential area.
Sponsored

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Warranted. Tech is responsible for proper lug torque. Road test for vibrations or looseness

WVstangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
My dealer took my car for test drive with tech and service writer before balancing tires. I took car in for oil change and tire rotation and mentioned vibration at 55-75. Why they would test drive first was strange to me. After rotation was told tires were not out of balance and no second test drive but inside edge of all 4 tires show cupping weird wear per dealer at 10,000 miles 2nd rotation by the way and was also documented at 5k vibration and a rim was 1/2 oz off then but not this time. Alignment was checked and was fine,but told could not do any more for vibration until I purchased new tires. Pirelli is willing to offer 10% off new set minus mounting and balancing. Sorry for the rant....just frustrated....did not mean to hijack thread

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My dealer took my car for test drive with tech and service writer before balancing tires. I took car in for oil change and tire rotation and mentioned vibration at 55-75. Why they would test drive first was strange to me. After rotation was told tires were not out of balance and no second test drive but inside edge of all 4 tires show cupping weird wear per dealer at 10,000 miles 2nd rotation by the way and was also documented at 5k vibration and a rim was 1/2 oz off then but not this time. Alignment was checked and was fine,but told could not do any more for vibration until I purchased new tires. Pirelli is willing to offer 10% off new set minus mounting and balancing. Sorry for the rant....just frustrated....did not mean to hijack thread
You think maybe to verify your complaint? :frusty:

WVstangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
No they state they drove it to check tire balancing before using machine. Also now that they say all 4 tires have inside wear not caused by alignment or balancing that they can not do any work about vibration from 55-75 until I buy new tires . I am confused that if alignment and balance is ok how at 55-75 straight level interstate driving keeps them from being able to find the cause.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
No they state they drove it to check tire balancing before using machine. Also now that they say all 4 tires have inside wear not caused by alignment or balancing that they can not do any work about vibration from 55-75 until I buy new tires . I am confused that if alignment and balance is ok how at 55-75 straight level interstate driving keeps them from being able to find the cause.
Which was your complaint. Vibration at speed, a lot of times stems from unbalanced tires. When I used to do tires, I would do the exact same thing. Test drive first to see what kind of vibration/intensity etc. Then you have a little bit more knowledge on what to look for when you take the wheel off. Why take the wheel off, rebalance, put it back on, test drive it, just to take it back off, when you can rule it out from the get go.
Sponsored