Sponsored

Stock Mustang GT Threw a rod....

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I am still shocked that I am even writing this post. I have a 2016 Mustang GT Auto that I've had for a couple months. I love my car don't get me wrong but wow there's always a problem, but here's exactly what happened. I was on my way home from class not even joking 30 seconds from my house. I was crossing the intersection to proceed to my gated community when I hear a loud metallic clank from my engine bay and a car lurches forward and I get a very concerning tone and message on my dash. "low oil pressure". When it happened I highly doubted that I could have possibly blown the motor as I kept up with the maintenance and took care of the car let it warm u before using the usual precautions. It really didn't hit me until I pulled over and got out the car to see a big puddle of oil under my feet then I finally realized what had occurred. I have never heard anything about a GT throwing a rod only oil pump gears but I was completely stock and most issues of reliability occurred with forced induction but even then the coyote motor has a very high tolerance for power. I'm just here to share my experience and will take pictures when I go to the dealership.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Let the dealership handle this before you bash Ford or the dealer.

The car your profile says you drive is an Ecoboost, by the way.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
The car your profile says you drive is an Ecoboost, by the way.

I saw that too but he is claiming this is happening to his 2016 GT. Im assuming he may have traded in his 15 Ecoboost for a 16 GT and forgot to update profile.

As for the car, if the car is maintained properly and doesnt show sign of abuse, then warranty should be fixing this without any questions.

Good luck.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Should have kept the EB you live you learn I guess.

But on a serious note should be fixed, hopefully you are back on the road soon!

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
should have kept the eco.

j/k. sorry to hear that, good luck with the dealer.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Sounds like someone didn't tighten the oil filter.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP doesn't have good luck with S550's... looking up his past posts, seems the EB he had also had multiple engine issues (spark plug change caused pieces to score cylinder walls, resulting in low compression on 2 cylinders - and separate issue of turbo turbine blades being damaged)...

Are you sure you haven't toyed with this GT by changing spark plugs, adding a tune or did anything else to cause a catastrophic failure on a "stock" engine?

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I was crossing the intersection to proceed to my gated community when I hear a loud metallic clank from my engine bay and a car lurches forward and I get a very concerning tone and message on my dash. "low oil pressure".
Stuff happens, I'm sure if it's under warranty it won't be a problem. More importantly, did you make through the gates of your community before the car died? I'd hate to think about you stranded on the road outside the gates and among the heathens!:lol:

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
OP doesn't have good luck with S550's... looking up his past posts, seems the EB he had also had multiple engine issues (spark plug change caused pieces to score cylinder walls, resulting in low compression on 2 cylinders - and separate issue of turbo turbine blades being damaged)...

Are you sure you haven't toyed with this GT by changing spark plugs, adding a tune or did anything else to cause a catastrophic failure on a "stock" engine?
Correct I also had an EcoBoost Mustang and never will I say I regret trading. It's just depressed because the EcoBoost failed at my hands I may have pushed the car to its limits and I just fixed it and traded it for a GT. As for me toying with the GT... HELLL NO I learned my lesson when it came to modifying cars with a warranty I rather let the warranty run out before I start doing anything which I highly doubt I will anymore with my luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Update

So I received the car back and it still has issues the car when you go over about 4000 RPM will misfire and cause the car to go into limp mode also the car was received with everything loose I also have broken injector Clips on the engine and there's oil everywhere in the engine bay even when I went to go drive it around and my little brother let me know that the car was smoking a little bit.

What do I do.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
tell the dealer that this is unacceptable.

use your voice, and ask for this problem to be fixed. asked to be made whole, especially if you did not tune your car, or mod it.

ask to be made whole, that what a warranty is supposed to provide.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
so what did they do, replace the short block?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Was the car new or used when you got it? Sounds like a used one that someone half-assed threw back together before trading it in.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
that's what i was thinking as well
Sponsored