Sponsored

Who would be interested in lit versions of the dual BIG MOUTH setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Hello everyone,

With Shawns jaw dropping mod to our dual BIG MOUTH setup and some deliberation, we decided to pursue an LED lit version of our big mouths.

The overall product architecture will be the same, except the lit versions will have pre mounted LEDs.

The LED colors will be the color of YOUR CHOICE as well as the BIG MOUTH, color of choice (they can be different colors!).

I can only imagine what this will look like, my mind is racing with ideas. White big mouths, red LEDs? Green big mouths, green LEDs?

The customization will be endless.

I would like to offer the kit as a DIY with as much support as possible but also at a reasonable price. Looking to price the kit with a single big mouth + LEDs at around the 150-160 mark, and the dual kit at around the 300 mark.

It will most likely be set up to wire directly into the headlight, or maybe we can add a switchable option for a slightly higher cost.

Here is Shawns car for example.

If you didnt know what a BIG MOUTH was, it is actually a performance oriented ram duct that channels high speed air to your airbox with very little interrupted turbulence and drastically helps your inlet temps, throttle response and gives a small boost in lbm/min.

Here is a quick breakdown.

The passenger side big mouth is for aesthetics only, there was demand for it so we made it happen (thanks to Shawn :) ) It seems a lot of people want the LED versions too, give us some input and we can make it happen!

:amen:
Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I would love a set to be honest.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If you want switchable, the easiest option is to tie them into the foglights.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
BTW why no ruby red color option?

LongLiveDaCheif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed GT '16... "Scarlet"
im in...

If you cold connect lower grill to. Would be great astehitcs

Sponsored

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
We are reviving this and will be pursuing lit versions of the S550 BIG MOUTH dual kit. This will be the hottest lit version for your grilles.

We will offer different color LEDs as well as the different color BIG MOUTHs. Currently we are updating our website to reflect the latest color options. 28 colors total and the LED's will be able to be mixed and matched upon ordering, for your specific custom lighting and material color effects.

New color codes shown here.

For example, competition orange Mustang with orange big mouths and orange LEDs.

You can do red LEDs on white, or white LEDs on blue, we will be putting together sample pictures once we start sponsoring more vehicles with this new product line.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
start sponsoring more vehicles with this new product line.
*enthusiastically raises hand*

I just got my original one I ordered in the mail today, but I'd be more than happy to test out one of these set ups and get pictures for you. I also will be racing and showing. Just let me know.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
A good alternative to the rtr lights with added function without the need to change grills.

For me i will stick with the black stealth look but for those who want to color coordinate this isnt bad.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION]I am interested in the lighted version as well. Is there going to be an RGB LED option? That would be great!

Have you put any thought time/design into the lower grille scoops to round adapters for possible brake cooling ducts? I am sure you would see quite a few of these for the track oriented crowd and they could keep the fogs. I would be interested to see four colored and lit scoops in the grille area. That would look really mean!

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION]I am interested in the lighted version as well. Is there going to be an RGB LED option? That would be great!

Have you put any thought time/design into the lower grille scoops to round adapters for possible brake cooling ducts? I am sure you would see quite a few of these for the track oriented crowd and they could keep the fogs. I would be interested to see four colored and lit scoops in the grille area. That would look really mean!
We havent looked into lower grille ducts yet, going to nail down the lit big mouths first. Working on getting a supplier for the right LEDs.

Trying to keep the kit affordable and easy to install.

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Sub'd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/AT
We are reviving this and will be pursuing lit versions of the S550 BIG MOUTH dual kit. This will be the hottest lit version for your grilles.

We will offer different color LEDs as well as the different color BIG MOUTHs. Currently we are updating our website to reflect the latest color options. 28 colors total and the LED's will be able to be mixed and matched upon ordering, for your specific custom lighting and material color effects.

New color codes shown here.

For example, competition orange Mustang with orange big mouths and orange LEDs.

You can do red LEDs on white, or white LEDs on blue, we will be putting together sample pictures once we start sponsoring more vehicles with this new product line.
[MENTION=19602]VelossaTech[/MENTION] I sent you guys an email about a possible sponsorship. Would love to rock these.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'd recommend getting with Diode Dynamics for your testing/evaluation. They've got a lot of experience with LEDs and how to build them to withstand the elements and harsh conditions of being on a vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.