Recommended Shop For Wheel Alignment, Raleigh, NC Area

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am getting ready to do some suspension upgrades next week and will be needing to get an alignment afterwards. I live in Johnston County and would like to know if anyone has a shop that does alignments that they would recommend. Getting ready to install struts, shocks, springs, camber plates, and shock mounts. Also just completed IRS frame bushing supports and alignment kit.

I know I can always take it to Ford but if anyone recommends another shop that specializes in aftermarket suspension I am all ears! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MKYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CS
Automotive Performance & Chassis in Cary. 214 Hildboro St. They do a lot of what your trying to do.

OP
OP

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Automotive Performance & Chassis in Cary. 214 Hildboro St. They do a lot of what your trying to do.

Thanks for the reply. I called them this morning and have an appointment for tomorrow.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
A little late to the party but yeah definitely automotive performance and chassis. Hope your experience went well.

OP
OP

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thought I would post my feedback on Automotive Performance. For starters they are a class act. Unlike most shops that take your keys and walk away Nick spent quite a bit of time with me going over all of my modifications and offered suggestions on the setup of the alignment. Once in the shop they took their time and got the car dialed back in to factory specs, unlike my last experience with Ford service on a previous generation Mustang when they tried to convince me that aftermarket parts were the devil! We also discovered that the rear camber on my car from the factory was off quite a bit even before I installed the progressive springs and Steeda shocks. I showed them photos from my factory Pirelli's after pulling them off and replacing the rears with bigger wheels and 305 Nittos and it was obvious there was no wear on the outer edges of those tires.

The car drives great, the steering wheel is perfectly centered, and the vehicle in back to factory specification. I plan to drive it a few weeks and see how I like it. If anything I may take it back and let them dial in a little more negative camber since I do enjoy getting aggressive in the corners and considering this isn't my daily driver tire wear isn't a huge concern! :cheers:

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I had Nick install my PP2... good guy.

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is good to know... I have heard about these folks but never used them.. What was the going rate for their service - can you share?

TX!
Sponsored