Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I finally got around to taking a few videos of what the outlaw sounds like on mine. Figured I might as well get a quick video put together to compare against when I throw the FM Y-pipe on. With your bass up, it actually sounds pretty close, especially on the in-cabin sound.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]b-SiTLy284o[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Thanks for all the clips guys!

I would still like an opinion on which exhaust I should switch to.
Currently I have the Flow Masters Axle back system (don't judge lol).
Had these since I bought the car, but now I'm looking for something louder and more aggressive.

What do you guys suggest for an upgrade?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thanks for all the clips guys!

I would still like an opinion on which exhaust I should switch to.
Currently I have the Flow Masters Axle back system (don't judge lol).
Had these since I bought the car, but now I'm looking for something louder and more aggressive.

What do you guys suggest for an upgrade?

I have the borla s-type. Its same while cruising then gets loud when WOT. The borla atak is even louder. They arent deep exausts. They are loud. The new AWE exhaust is also very similar and is cheaper. I personally would have gone with AWE if it was out at the time. There are sound clips of each on their websites

Reactions: af3

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I have the borla s-type. Its same while cruising then gets loud when WOT. The borla atak is even louder. They arent deep exausts. They are loud. The new AWE exhaust is also very similar and is cheaper. I personally would have gone with AWE if it was out at the time. There are sound clips of each on their websites

Would you suggest the Borla downpipe with the Borla Atak exhaust?
I'm liking the sound of the AWE exhaust too.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Would you suggest the Borla downpipe with the Borla Atak exhaust?
I'm liking the sound of the AWE exhaust too.
Ive actually never heard the borla downpipe before, its probably pricey. The atak was a little too raspy in my opinion but im sure it sounds good in person. I just went with the s-type because it sounded better on the video, the safer choice. Its plenty loud for me and I like loud. And no drone at all. Most downpipes ive heard are similar in sound, so u can go with pretty much whatever is in your price range. The only question is to go catted or catless. Remember to tune once u get a downpipe:)

Sponsored

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Ive actually never heard the borla downpipe before, its probably pricey. The atak was a little too raspy in my opinion but im sure it sounds good in person. I just went with the s-type because it sounded better on the video, the safer choice. Its plenty loud for me and I like loud. And no drone at all. Most downpipes ive heard are similar in sound, so u can go with pretty much whatever is in your price range. The only question is to go catted or catless. Remember to tune once u get a downpipe:)
yeah quite pricey, $500 on AM lol Not gonna lie the Flow Masters are surprisingly loud, but I want to get away from the axle back exhaust. Already have my Cobb AP ready :D
You might've sold me on the s-type because we both share the preference of a LOUD ecobeast lol

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
yeah quite pricey, $500 on AM lol Not gonna lie the Flow Masters are surprisingly loud, but I want to get away from the axle back exhaust. Already have my Cobb AP ready :D
You might've sold me on the s-type because we both share the preference of a LOUD ecobeast lol
Yeah I love it. Its not deep, it sounds like a good tuner car as it should. Quiet while cruising then gets loud at WOT. I just have axelbacks. I couldnt constitute paying 1400 for catback. 860 for axelbacks was hard enough lol. That paired with the mishimoto intake and the turbo screams. I would imagine the catback being even louder but a shop could probably get u the piping for cheaper.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I would suggest the MBRP Race catback exhausts. If you go back a few pages you can find description and sound clips. To my opinion this is the best exhaust for the EcoBoost and at a very good price.

Also go to this post on the MBRP thread, I think you 'll like it:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1721118&postcount=34

Reactions: af3

jDant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
DIB Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Solo performance puts out a great turbo back kit. Idles quiet but wakes up real fast when you get on the gas

Sponsored

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
2015 Roush Ecoboost axle-back quad tipped exhaust

Axle-back only, resonator still installed, stock downpipe

Resonator delete with Lethal Performance Y-pipe, stock downpipe

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Anybody have info on the Agency Power Catback? I really like the sound of it but wonder if it has any drone and how loud it is with just the catback and then with a downpipe added on.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody have info on the Agency Power Catback? I really like the sound of it but wonder if it has any drone and how loud it is with just the catback and then with a downpipe added on.
Judging by design it will be about the same as the magnaflow competition or any race catback. With a down pipe it's going to be pretty damn loud. Especially.if you go uncatted

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Judging by design it will be about the same as the magnaflow competition or any race catback. With a down pipe it's going to be pretty damn loud. Especially.if you go uncatted
Thanks for that, I'm having the hardest time choosing out a catback haha. I want something that won't be too loud, sounds ok, and is decently lightweight. Also don't want to deal with fitment issues.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that, I'm having the hardest time choosing out a catback haha. I want something that won't be too loud, sounds ok, and is decently lightweight. Also don't want to deal with fitment issues.
Go for a street setup. I love magnaflow street. It may seem quiet but after the downpipe it should definitely open it up volume wise. So then instead of going from loud to louder you are going medium to loud. Any of the quality big brands should be good fitment wise. It's the cheap knock offs you have to watch for.

Seriously check out Solo's catback. A good middle ground between street and race

I love my outlaw setup. It's actually too quiet for me. Going g to be removing the resonator with the scavenger y pipe.
Sponsored