Sponsored

Ecoboost Mustang on track / road course

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm not sure about Deutschland. But here in the states we can get additional insurance coverage from third parties. I used a company called Lockton motorsports to get a 1 day policy specifically for the track I was driving on. had I wrecked they would have paid for the cost of my car after my deductible if it was totaled or any damage beyond my deductible. cost me about $200 USD but was well worth the peace of mind.
I do the same typically. Road Atlanta... for sure. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
yes, I asked my auto insurer about that. They said special track insurance is not available. Not sure if If they meant with them or in general with any insurer. What they did make clear is I'm not to track my car. :(

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They can't tell you not to. They can not insure the car on a track (including the parking lot of a track if there's evidence you went on that track with the car). At least in the US. But once you leave the property and are driving home or whatever... back to being insured.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
In fact, my auto insurer went as far as to say "nobody is insured on the race track". No matter what I've read or heard " nobody is insured on the race track". That doesn't include Americans (military) that have track insurance.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
On the track, if you get t-boned by a dumb ass trying to show off to his girlfriend... you're screwed. But on the way to the track or on the way home - you should be covered.

On track insurance (for me and my $40K+ MSRP car) is like $250 with a 10% deductible (of the declared value, which I do at the MSRP on my window sticker). So... if I crash, I'd have to come up with 10% of ~$44K which is of course $4,400! Still a huge risk even with track insurance. If I could do it all over again, I'd get an S197 Mustang, build up the suspension, but have a much cheaper car to start with. Oops.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
no track insurance here

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
What I'm hearing is Germany and Canada suck for track days which is sad to hear. kwpony, you should look around outside of your insurer and see what insurance there is available. maybe hit up some of the track day websites for tracks there and email the people in charge of them to ask for recommendations. Insurers will lie to your face if it could save them money or cost you more. Don't trust anyone who deems to make a profit off you. Ask multiple sources. Best of luck!!!

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
I hear Haggerty is now offering track day insurance.
My personal opinion is that the track is probably safer than the highway, and the highway is definitely safer than city streets. At least on the track, the car has passed a tech inspection, no guarantee on the city streets that anybody's even checked their tire pressures in the last year.

OP
OP

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I hear Haggerty is now offering track day insurance.
My personal opinion is that the track is probably safer than the highway, and the highway is definitely safer than city streets. At least on the track, the car has passed a tech inspection, no guarantee on the city streets that anybody's even checked their tire pressures in the last year.
I get where your heart is but you also gotta consider the speed and attitude of people driving on track. They are testing their limits which is something that very rarely happens on the highway. I saw 3 wrecks that day. Wrecks happen during track days... a lot...

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
What I'm hearing is Germany and Canada suck for track days which is sad to hear.
I can only speak for B.C. with our differently abled, government controlled monopoly of an insurance corporation aka ICBC:headbonk:

Some of the other provinces have private insurance which may or may not allow track insurance

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
It was a non PP so just the 2 pistons. That's part why I was so surprised that they lasted for the 40 laps I put down!!! Getting GT fronts asap now!!!
Hey nice job, I have similar setup. GT brakes work great I got mine from Shelby as take offs, good brake fluid, and SS brake lines it is a great setup.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
What I'm hearing is Germany and Canada suck for track days which is sad to hear. kwpony, you should look around outside of your insurer and see what insurance there is available. maybe hit up some of the track day websites for tracks there and email the people in charge of them to ask for recommendations. Insurers will lie to your face if it could save them money or cost you more. Don't trust anyone who deems to make a profit off you. Ask multiple sources. Best of luck!!!
Yes I've thought about looking outside the box as you've mentioned. Otherwise , I can go to Hockenheim Ring or NĂĽrnberg race track and rent a Mustang 5.0 (Ford Performance days) and get my rocks off that way.
:ford:

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T
I would also like to share a little bit about my experience taking my EB without PP to Track. So far I tracked four times at Gingerman raceway in Michigan. The only mod I have in the most recent one (last weekend) is MPSS tires (285/35/18 square setup)+Apex wheel+XP10 brake pad front+XP8 brake pad rear+RBF 600 brake fluid.

I am very impressed by all of the mod and the car as a whole...The MPSS is very balanced and grips well; the gloc brake is very very strong: I braked so aggressively into the corner that I went off track in the 2nd lap. I literally smashed the brake throughout the course, which I shouldn't do again, but the brake doesn't feel any thermal decay. I guess this a combination of RBF fluid and the Gloc brake pad. My best time was 1:58, which is OK, but I think running into 1:55 should be very difficult with EB.

The only bomber is that I bent the one of the wheels. Now need to send it back to the manufacturer and get a new one.

Safe driving:)
Sponsored