/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I was thinking of crystaline all over but ny breaks your ass. 70 sides and back but i thinj they have 90 which may be good for fronts.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I have formula one pinnacle 80 on mine...no clarity issues whatsoever. On my old stang I had 80 Huper Optik on the windshield with no issues. If it were me, I would stay with the HO so you're consistent all the way around...if it matters.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The only "issue" I've had with windshield tint (and it's anywhere that there's tint) is when wearing polarized sunglasses...sometimes you see things in the tint but it never bothered me.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have formula one pinnacle 80 on mine...no clarity issues whatsoever. On my old stang I had 80 Huper Optik on the windshield with no issues. If it were me, I would stay with the HO so you're consistent all the way around...if it matters.
who did your pinnacle 80? As far as I was aware, pinnacle was only made up to 50%, and Flying Window Tinters in Longwood uses Llumar Air Blue 80. I had considered doing the 50% on the windshield, but was afraid it would be too dark at night.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I see your point...and I am now perplexed as to what tint they put on my windshield. I looked at the pinnacle site and it's 50 at their clearest...so wtf did they put on my windshield...there is definitely a film there...I'll call them tomorrow...Auto Styles in Leesburg.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would guess you have the Llumar Air 80. Formula One Pinnacle is a part of the Llumar brand and they probably miscommunicated it to you. Definitely verify with them and check your tint paperwork / warranty registration records which will specify the exact tint used.
This is what I am thinking as well, but on the odd chance there is a pinnacle 80...

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, work at the hospital is crazy...I checked and confirmed that the windshield is Llumar Air 80 Blue.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
It looks like they went about 1/2 and inch into the dot matrix and that's it, so not covering the whole thing.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
They should cover the dot matrix. But due to the pattern it may not adhere between the dots. If done right it will look like a neat edge though.
Sponsored