Sponsored

Steering wheel issue - dealer screwing me over?

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
So took the car to get some warranty work done they had it almost 2 weeks and I picked it up yesterday. I explained to them before I dropped it off the steering wheel would sometimes stick around 30mph or so and felt like it was turning in on itself while making left turns and u-turns only.

They had a tech drive my car and said they couldn't find any issues. Well after viewing my dash cam the tech drove it right on the interstate for almost 30 minutes and during that whole time made a single left hand turn when he came off the interstate going back to the shop.

He even got on the throttle a couple times I mean wtf lol... wasting gas and putting miles on the car and basically went on a long joyride. She was telling me they can't fix a part that isn't having any issues and that if it was a steering rack that was an $1800 fix and ford would have to approve anything over $1500 while under warranty. I have 3k miles left before warranty expires.

I emailed them this morning explaining the situation with a link to the video unlisted of course and plan on taking it to another ford dealer in the area.

To be honest this is the shit that pisses me off because if I was paying out of pocket if would have probably been a different story. You just can't trust these fucking so called mechanics at these dealerships anymore. :frusty:
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the info on how to repro the issue didn't make it from the service advisor to the tech.

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Sounds like the info on how to repro the issue didn't make it from the service advisor to the tech.
Definitely could be the case but I had reiterated few hours prior to picking up the car and that's when they had him drive the car. Not blaming him because I don't know what he was told prior to driving the car but still disappointing to say the least.

I plan on riding with the tech once I'm able to get an appointment with another dealer so there is no confusion.
Sponsored