Sponsored

Unofficial-Official TIFU Thread

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So yesterday I had a TIFU (Today I F***ed Up) moment and thought I would share to get advice. Also I noticed a lot of people seem to post their "whoopsies" but it isnt aggregated anywhere well for others to learn from. I thought it would be nice to have a thread for compilation this so anyone new to a mustang can learn from others mistakes hopefully.

So heres mine: Yesterday I was washing my car and when I went to take my rear tinted light covers off (GTS brand from CJPP) I noticed that they are really starting to mar the paint around my taillights. On the passenger side they have created a little chip on the side of the light and on the driver side there is a little chip underneath the light. So my TIFU didn't really happen today but I realized that I effed up by thinking that the extra wear and tear from the light covers wouldn't be that substantial. Obviously I was wrong. I do really like the light covers though so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to reduce the wear on paint? My only thought at the moment is to put some pieces of PPF down around where the covers rub the paint but I have never done that before and I would rather not pay more than the cost of the covers just to be able to use the covers.

Also had an second FML moment yesterday when I noticed I had a beautiful stainless steel screw in my less-than-a-month-old NT555 G2 front passenger tire on the outer tread block. :headbonk: :(
Sponsored