Sponsored

Door Latch Recall...

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
mine seems to be all buttoned up.. advisor told me " we do not touch the window so this cannot be related " I bit my tongue and said oh ok. regardless, no noise, no streaking.. or so it seems so far.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
Door panel clip broken and window squeaks when going up after initial visit. They fixed the squeak but waiting on the new door panel.

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
They did mine while it's in for the evap repair, didn't ask me, just did it. I can only imagine the state of the interior of that car when I pick it up. Door panels removed, interior dash and seats removed, everything electronic unplugged, I'll consider myself lucky if anything works. :(

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
mine seems to be all buttoned up.. advisor told me " we do not touch the window so this cannot be related " I bit my tongue and said oh ok. regardless, no noise, no streaking.. or so it seems so far.
The TSB repair procedure from Ford shows that the windows need to come out. So not so sure I'd believe that guy saying they don't need to come out unless they found a way around not removing the windows.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
whoops. didn't know that replacing the door latch would involve so much. oh well, i hope they dont mess it up too much.

if knew this in advance, i wouldn't have brought it in.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The TSB repair procedure from Ford shows that the windows need to come out. So not so sure I'd believe that guy saying they don't need to come out unless they found a way around not removing the windows.

ooo yea I know haha I just didn't wanna argue with the poor guy :crazy:

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Seriously? I was planning on going there instead if I had any major issues........:eyebulge:
Mullinax of apopka is hit or miss... AC repair went Perfect. Door latch was the opposite. they asked me to take it back for them to "fix the problems" but i am questioning if its better fixing it on my own.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Mullinax of apopka is hit or miss... AC repair went Perfect. Door latch was the opposite. they asked me to take it back for them to "fix the problems" but i am questioning if its better fixing it on my own.
Dealership: Can you bring it back so we can fix the problems?

Client: Sure I'll bring it back for you to fix your mistakes. Since you didnt fix it correctly when I scheduled an appointment with you, now you need to schedule an appointment with me, my rate is $300 per hour.

Sponsored

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I am sitting here at the dealership while I am typing this. This is my 3rd time coming in to address the door recall issue. When I got it back the first time I immediately noticed much more windnkise. Especially from the driver side which was whistling very loud at highway speed. Also the right side window had a very loud screech when I rolled it up and down. Set an appt and told them what happened.

They said the drivers side fine they didn't hear any noise and fixed the passenger side bc the weather strip was folding when they put it back. Drove it again and still very loud whistling from driver side. Like there is a lot of air coming in and with my music cranked up past 20's on the know I can still hear it.

At the dealer now showing them that the window is not flush. While I'm showing him this I realized that the door is not ever flush! He said he never seen anything like that and thinks it may be a warped part they got! Says it will be at least 2 hours for them to look it over. I am missing time off work and no rental had been offered. (I got one the first time they did recall)
All in all I'm pretty disappointed. They said they don't have any parts. (They said that the first time I came in for a different issue and inquired about the recall and magically a couple hours later oh we found some parts)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If the dealerships would follow the repair procedure, they would mark exactly where the window was before removal so it goes back exactly in the original position.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Warped part.... sounds like the panel just isn't on there correctly

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
mine came back ok. aligned and no wind noise. i can see some bent plastic where they had to pry the armrest though.
Sponsored