Sponsored

TPMS Not Alerting?

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Sorry for not reading the manual.. the manual is long and boring and I've only ever had them be useful when attempting to locate a fuse. =P

The other day I apparently got a small leak in my rear passenger tire. Air pressure dropped down to 28 PSI (12/13 less than usual). I got no alert at all.. the only reason I noticed is because the car felt really weird while driving, and I decided to switch to air pressure screen.

Is this normal behavior? Does it not alert to low pressue? Was pressure not low enough to alert?
Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Sorry for not reading the manual.. the manual is long and boring and I've only ever had them be useful when attempting to locate a fuse. =P

The other day I apparently got a small leak in my rear passenger tire. Air pressure dropped down to 28 PSI (12/13 less than usual). I got no alert at all.. the only reason I noticed is because the car felt really weird while driving, and I decided to switch to air pressure screen.

Is this normal behavior? Does it not alert to low pressue? Was pressure not low enough to alert?
You run your tires at 40+ PSI? Have you done a chalk test to make sure you're not overinflated?

I don't think TPMS triggers until 26psi

OP
OP

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
26? That seems awfully low.. anything below about 38 I could feel while driving.

40/41 is what they get up to after warming up.. this is from the factory. Still on stock tires, about 8500 miles in.

You run your tires at 40+ PSI? Have you done a chalk test to make sure you're not overinflated?

I don't think TPMS triggers until 26psi

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Not to hijack the thread but what's the recommended tire pressure? The label on the door frame says 32 but you guys make it seem like that's low.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not to hijack the thread but what's the recommended tire pressure? The label on the door frame says 32 but you guys make it seem like that's low.
It's going to be different for each wheel option. 235/50/18s will have different pressure than 275/35/19s.

Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I do 35psi warm. Do a chalk test and it'll tell you where your particular vehicle should be.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
TPMS alerts at 25 psi. My right front is continually loosing air. Took it to the dealer and it worked just fine. out of the dealer and I put air in about every two weeks.

OP
OP

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from Americas Tire (free repair ftw.. 2 screws in it, only one punctured =/ ). On the sheet they stated 32PSI factory, but put em at 38-40 psi. Unless they pumped em up at my first oil change, they were 38-40 stock. This is on PP w/ staggered wheels (255,275/40/19).

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I do 35psi warm. Do a chalk test and it'll tell you where your particular vehicle should be.
Thanks. I'll try that mine came with Pirelli 255/40-19's installed and the TPMS reports 40 pounds across the board. I'll try the chalk test this weekend and see. I just assumed (Yeah I know what happens when you do that) the tires would have been set to 32 PSI per the decal.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
TPMS alerts at 25 psi. My right front is continually loosing air. Took it to the dealer and it worked just fine. out of the dealer and I put air in about every two weeks.
this. mine showed 24psi and was slowly falling when i got the alert. when i brought the car in the dealer told me that the valve stem was leaking (they sprayed it with a soap solution) and they replaced it under warranty. but when i got the car back whoever did the repair had pumped it up to 40psi... wtf :crazy:

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just got back from Americas Tire (free repair ftw.. 2 screws in it, only one punctured =/ ). On the sheet they stated 32PSI factory, but put em at 38-40 psi. Unless they pumped em up at my first oil change, they were 38-40 stock. This is on PP w/ staggered wheels (255,275/40/19).
That's seriously high. I don't get that high after a session on the track.

#500psi
Sponsored