Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Did mine yesterday and hit the trim with some molding today to clean the edges up. Still got to get the two lower ports then I will be finished.
19093006_442185949495634_8509257870009418100_o.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
old thread but still gathering ideas and I think I just got one more. aaaaaannnd more money to spend on mods

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Piece of cake indeed, did my upper over the weekend. The trick is to take your time, do not be in a rush. I bought the upper for $41, mesh (16x48 customcargrille) for $60, goop for $7, and a can of trim and bumper paint for $12 (not necessary but it looks so much better). A few beers and a couple of days and ended up with this. Now I have the lower ($60) to do. So, total for upper and lower will be $168.

After doing this though, I'm wondering if the hood needs to be reinforced somehow to make up for the more open space and air that will be getting under the hood?
Any more pics with this installed?

cheers Doug

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I've not noticed any hood lift since doing my grille delete. Regarding the anchor tabs used on the customcargrilles video, having done a more open grille from them (like the woven one), the anchors are the better way to go. You can place them, test fit, and then Goop the anchors down. With the greater number of anchors, you can more easily get between the mesh. Also, you can keep the mesh as a single sheet instead of bending around the three opening in the upper and lower grilles. This helps you keep the pattern lined up from opening to opening. The Stainless Steel is a pain to work with but the technique works on all materials.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I'm starting to think the V6 OEM grill might look good with the squiggly mesh cut out for a similar modification. Haven't seen that yet. (of course this after I got a GT grill ordered)