Sponsored

Map light issue

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I've fitted the DD interior led kit yesterday, all seemed ok and everything worked. Got into the car this morning and noticed the right map light was off, pressed the switch to manually turn it on and still nothing (left one is fine). Drove the car for about 5 minutes then pressed the button again and it came on. Got to work, turned off the engine and opened the door, both map lights turned on.
Got back into the car after work tonight, car had sat all day and again same issue right map light didn't work when i opened the door. Drove the car for 5 mins and tried it again, sure enough it came on. Parked up at home, opened the door and its still working.
Any ideas? seems a bit weird that if i leave the car for a period of time it doesnt work until the car has been driven for a few miles.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
[MENTION=19996]Slyfox[/MENTION]'s suggestion is correct

Adjust the metal pins on the LED and re-insert it into the socket. It sounds like they aren't making firm contact with the metal tabs in the socket.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more troubleshooting or installation assistance: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Yes that does seem to be the issue, bulb isn't a great fit & if you move the metal pins in line with the contacts in the socket it's so hard to push in. Just about got it there, flickers slightly when it comes on now.
I'll have to take another look later on.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Yes that does seem to be the issue, bulb isn't a great fit & if you move the metal pins in line with the contacts in the socket it's so hard to push in. Just about got it there, flickers slightly when it comes on now.
I'll have to take another look later on.
The HP3/HP5 194 bulbs were designed have identical fitment to the factory incandescent 194 bulb. The base of the bulb is wide so it stays secure in the socket vs. a thinner base that would get loose over time.

The metal pins may need adjustment to ensure contact with the metal tabs in the socket, but the same can be said for any 194 bulb

Nick C.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
[MENTION=19996]Slyfox[/MENTION]'s suggestion is correct

Adjust the metal pins on the LED and re-insert it into the socket. It sounds like they aren't making firm contact with the metal tabs in the socket.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more troubleshooting or installation assistance: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.
Nick I'm getting frustrated now, I've reseated this bulb many times, I've moved the contacts & still only works when it feels like it. Reseated this morning and it's fine, 12 hours later I get back into the car and it's off again, 30 min drive home and it's back on.
I'm in the UK, how can I get a replacement?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick I'm getting frustrated now, I've reseated this bulb many times, I've moved the contacts & still only works when it feels like it. Reseated this morning and it's fine, 12 hours later I get back into the car and it's off again, 30 min drive home and it's back on.
@Big_G,

Please contact our customer service team: [email protected]

I understand your frustration, but if you bend the pins outward away from the base of the bulb and insert it into the socket it's not going to have this issue.

Here's the installation video for more visual representation of the process:

[ame]

We will work with you and make sure you are taken care of

Nick C.

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Nick might want to take a different route but have you tried swapping bulbs? What I mean is since the right one is the issue have you tired swapping it with the left one just to make sure it is the light itself that is causing the issue?

I had a warranty issue that DD just took care of but they had me go through a few steps just to be sure. They will do the right thing when it comes down to it.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Still having issues, managed to get it so its on most of the time, however it keeps flickering and going dim. Will email you guys

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Still having issues, managed to get it so its on most of the time, however it keeps flickering and going dim. Will email you guys
Send us an email, we will troubleshoot it further and provide warranty replacements if needed.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Sponsored