Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
That' crazy.

Regardless of what people's opinions are in reference to those buying cars to store them or for investment purposes, it's patently ridiculous and outright skullduggery for a manufacturer to force how much mileage the legitimate owner of a vehicle must put on their car.

After the check clears, it's the owner's car. End of story. Period

This wreaks of an overseeing "big brother" mentality, which thankfully, we are finally getting rid of in this country.

Definitely don't need this cr@p seeping into the auto industry ...
It's called contract law and if you don't like the terms of the deal don't enter into the contract. Of course there are Constitutional limitations, but Ford could require all sorts of weird things from buyers.

As far as "big brother" is concerned, that is actually getting worse, but that is a matter for another forum.
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Actually I think Ford posted the wrong link since all other vehicles on their site has links like this https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2017/ the "car" is missing from that 2018 mustang link and if you add it back you go to the "future vehicles" page for mustangs. I doubt ford will be changing this whole structure on their website.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Actually I think Ford posted the wrong link since all other vehicles on their site has links like this https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2017/ the "car" is missing from that 2018 mustang link and if you add it back you go to the "future vehicles" page for mustangs. I doubt ford will be changing this whole structure on their website.
It's not that difficult. Trust me.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not that difficult. Trust me.
But it is, I work in tech and changing things like this will be a nightmare, it's not just a link , everything stored on the server needs to be moved and a lot of code need to be changed to compensate that. But guess we will know next week.

Last edited:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
But it is, I work in tech and changing things like this will be a nightmare, it's not just a link , everything stored on the server needs to be moved and a lot of code need to be changed to compensate that. But guess we will know next week.
Just build it on the side. Take the site down to upload the changes and wham...

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The content management system will do most of the work. Taxonomy is pretty straight forward with just changing a few paths.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said, it's not that simple, but mostly it's because of the whole structure of the site, different vehicles have different categories, like the transit has instead of "car" a "trucks" in the link, it just makes no sense to put everything together, it's harder to find things in the backend.

The content management system will do most of the work. Taxonomy is pretty straight forward with just changing a few paths.
It's not just changing a few paths... that's what you see on the front end, but the backend stuff is much more complicated than that.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Like I said, it's not that simple, but mostly it's because of the whole structure of the site, different vehicles have different categories, like the transit has instead of "car" a "trucks" in the link, it just makes no sense to put everything together, it's harder to find things in the backend.

It's not just changing a few paths... that's what you see on the front end, but the backend stuff is much more complicated than that.

I would hope Ford's IT department has a standard deployment practice that is mostly automated. Deployment scripts and the like. Probably uses .war files to deploy and all database changes and image hosting could be set up well before go live. So in one since sure it's difficult, but once in place it is easy to implement.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would hope Ford's IT department has a standard deployment practice that is mostly automated. Deployment scripts and the like. Probably uses .war files to deploy and all database changes and image hosting could be set up well before go live. So in one since sure it's difficult, but once in place it is easy to implement.
Yes I agree, once in place you wouldn't want to change it, especially for one single product while all others are kept unchanged, I'm just saying that it would be weird if they just completely ignores the categories they've already setup before and put the 2018 mustang in an uncategorized place, that means they'll have to deal with two different sets of configurations, which is what I mean when I say complicated.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
man the time is creeping by for me! I have a big decision on a car and it all hangs on the options for me to spec out a new gt.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Maybe, maybe not. Didn't they start selling and building the Ford GT before people even knew the rated numbers. To people who like the styling numbers don't matter so they will order regardless because they know it will be AT LEAST 435HP, but most likely more. For the sake of wondering, everyone asking the question and all the speculations, I certainly hope they do so we can end it.
No way I'd buy a new car without knowing the official specs.:rant:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 gt
what magazine is that? are those numbers for real?

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I wouldn't put to much faith in that, the Taurus isn't getting any major changes for the 2018 model year at all. That is flat out wrong. Those are probably estimates.
Sponsored