Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Buyers of the Ford GT are required to put a specified amount of miles on the car based on their personalized contract. If any part of the contract for the purchase of a Ford GT isn't fulfilled during an audit of the car, the buyer must offer buyback to Ford. I believe this is for a max of 3 years then buyers can do whatever they want. And that contract isn't BS. It's a full on legal document.
That' crazy.

Regardless of what people's opinions are in reference to those buying cars to store them or for investment purposes, it's patently ridiculous and outright skullduggery for a manufacturer to force how much mileage the legitimate owner of a vehicle must put on their car.

After the check clears, it's the owner's car. End of story. Period

This wreaks of an overseeing "big brother" mentality, which thankfully, we are finally getting rid of in this country.

Definitely don't need this cr@p seeping into the auto industry ...
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That' crazy.

Regardless of what people's opinions are in reference to those buying cars to store them or for investment purposes, it's patently ridiculous and outright skullduggery for a manufacturer to force how much mileage the legitimate owner of a vehicle must put on their car.

This wreaks of an overseeing "big brother" mentality, which thankfully, we are finally getting rid of in this country.

Ford wants to sell it to people who are going to race it & track it and use it. It is a beat'em car.

:ford:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Ford wants to sell it to people who are going to race it & track it and use it. It is a beat'em car.

:ford:
Yes, thank you. I get that.

And it's still not right, for the reasons I previously listed.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes, thank you. I get that.

And it's still not right, for the reasons I previously listed.
Ford isn't forcing them to buy the car. I think its a great idea. It's not like they have to drive the car 15k miles a year. Just prevents owners from storing them in a garage and not being seen out in public.

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
That' crazy.

Just need to pull a Ferris Bueller...but in a forward gear! :headbonk:
35774097842_da6995af42_b.jpg

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Ok, don't want to hijack the thread so this is my final post on the matter.

If manufacturers want to turn "big brother", they should concentrate on making sure dealers don't mark up their cars $2,000/$5000/$15,000 over MSRP as it occurred with many Focus RS, GT 350, Civic Type R's, etc.

Lata ...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That' crazy.

You clearly aren't aware of how Ferrari operates with some of their products then. :lol:

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
That' crazy.

I'm pretty conflicted on this, however, in the end, I think I have to appreciate Ford doing this, from a business standpoint. I believe the Ford GT was developed to boost Ecoboost sales. They want to get the word out on Ecoboost engines, and it's why when they were screening buyers, they were seeking popular people who had large followings to purchase the car, rather than some rich businessman. I've heard from so many people that don't really know much about cars how the Ford GT was using an ecoboost engine, so they want their next car to run an ecoboost engine, so it has to be working at least somewhat (I realize my own hearings aren't factual evidence that it's increasing ecoboost sales).

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Hm - weight reduction. Like what the Camaro did?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I'm pretty conflicted on this, however, in the end, I think I have to appreciate Ford doing this, from a business standpoint. I believe the Ford GT was developed to boost Ecoboost sales. They want to get the word out on Ecoboost engines, and it's why when they were screening buyers, they were seeking popular people who had large followings to purchase the car, rather than some rich businessman. I've heard from so many people that don't really know much about cars how the Ford GT was using an ecoboost engine, so they want their next car to run an ecoboost engine, so it has to be working at least somewhat (I realize my own hearings aren't factual evidence that it's increasing ecoboost sales).
I am a little too. Big business have track records of screwing over the little man and sometimes people don't see through their own decisions. Like 3-4 dollar a gallon of gas or increased taxes because the local government have to shell out millions to clean up big co's messes. I hate getting into politics, but I feel middle of the road is the way to go. I also agree though limiting miles is way passed reason.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Hm - weight reduction. Like what the Camaro did?
There is nothing wrong with weight reduction, quite the opposite. Just because you don't like how the Camaro turned out in the end doesn't mean there was anything wrong with the goal.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
It's a street legal racecar so I'm not complaining, but there's almost no storage, no cup holders, very tight (elbow to elbow with your passenger), and getting in and out multiple times a day will get old quick unless you're a gymnast or parkour runner.
Lol. Note to self...do not read threads that Bullitt posts in while drinking :cheers:

Edit: Also I have to tip my hat off to those who do own expensive cars (to me anyway such has the GT350 & R) and drive them daily and at the track. While I'm guessing the sanctioning bodies may dislike the cars on the track(advantages they may bring like extra RPM's) I think Ford probably loves it. I mean that is always what Carrol Shelby said - cars are meant to be driven not collected.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Why would specs not be released before build opportunity?

Forgive my ignorance, but why would the Build Your Own feature go live without the new performance specs? How could someone make an informed decision on what model or model year to buy if they don't have all the information?

Can you actually place an order when the build site goes live? Or is it just for playing around?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Forgive my ignorance, but why would the Build Your Own feature go live without the new performance specs? How could someone make an informed decision on what model or model year to buy if they don't have all the information?

Can you actually place an order when the build site goes live? Or is it just for playing around?

That's what they did for the 2015 Mustang.
Sponsored