Sponsored

Another Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Thread

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I heard this blower officially started shipping last week. I called one of the vendors to discuss it (@RDP store) and they had extremely high remarks over some of the other options. According to Edelbrocks marketing sheet, the thing makes 690HP & 588TQ; which tells me it puts it right in the wheelhouse of the Ford Racing Roush kit.

The interesting thing is that the base kit comes with a 3yr/36k mile warranty STANDARD (if installed by ASE, etc.). If I remember the price was right around $7k. I guess it also fits under the Strut Tower Brace (if anyone cares, I personally don't).

Now for my biggest reservation; with all the kits out there and the great feedback on basically everything: Whipple, Paxton/Vortech, Roush, I just wonder why it's necessary to even consider this thing since nobody has actually tested it.

The specs, along with factory look and warranty make this thing enticing for someone who doesn't want to go crazy with a FI setup on their car. In speaking to pretty much every manufacturer directly, I was told that the Roush and Whipple kits calibration is actually done BY a Ford engineer; which seems to me a huge benefit when buying a kit like this.

With all this being said, is this thing a viable alternative that costs very close to all of the competitors, or should we just move along and stick with the ones we know?
edel.JPG
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I would wait to see actually dynoes from members. The problem with performance that I see with this is the TB.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
We won't really know until some folks start buying them, or vendors start showing tested results. I am looking forward to the real world results. The numbers that are advertised look pretty solid, and there is a stage 2 & 3 in the works to come out soon. I would like to see some trap speeds and 1/4 mile times. Dyno numbers can vary drastically from one dyno to the next. Or even the same dyno, different day. And from car to car with the same exact setup.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Considering that's "stage 1" it's right around the numbers as everyone else. depending on price and tuning that's where the variables come in.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I would wait to see actually dynoes from members. The problem with performance that I see with this is the TB.
Hopefully the stage 2 or 3 upgrade provides a larger TB.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Same blower as Roush in disguise.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
If Whipple and KB weren't in the picture, I'd consider it. But with the support, calibration and product Whipple offers, it's a no brainer to pick Whipple as a S/C for F/I.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I agree.. to an extent. But Edelbrock is a long standing, and very strong product. And it comes with a pretty nice warranty. And Edelbrock customer service and support is extremely solid. Adding to it that Eaton makes the head unit... Not saying i'd choose it over KB.. but I don't think it's a no brainer. I think it is worth seeing what it does, and then comparing. If nothing else, it is another solid option for the S550.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I've been following this one, interested to see what they have in store for the auto. Everything I've seen so far is for manual cars only. I like the design of this one and look forward to seeing some installed ones with user impressions.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Finally Here - For Sale

Here's a link to this Edelbrock 1586 Supercharger w/Tuner setup at CJ Pony Parts:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/edelbroc...r-manual-transmission-gt-2015-2016/p/EDL1586/

One downside - the installation instruction manual says that the existing strut tower brace will have to be removed and discarded - the supercharger will NOT fit underneath the factory brace (so let's hope Edelbrock or someone else makes one that does fit)!

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I don't see the appeal either. There are so many other options and for less $$$.
Hmm that's interesting - I'm looking at American Muscle for the Stage1 Whipple Supercharger for 2015-2016 Mustangs and it's $7,395 but on CJ Pony Parts for the Edelbrock Stage 1 Supercharger of 2015-2016 Mustangs it's $7,298, about $100 cheaper. Granted, Whipple is 2900cfm and Edelbrock is 2,300cfm. the Whipple uses larger injectors (meaning poorer gas mileage) and uses a jackshaft (which, under hard acceleration, can break or get jammed), and if you're drag racing all the time, it's probably OK.

I'd rather get an Edelbrock, which looks stock from the factory, puts out close to 700HP, and for normal street driving, it's fine. No cutting or removal of the K-brace either. Very minimal modifications (plug and play) compared to Roush.

Different strokes for different folks.
Sponsored