Sponsored

SCCA ESP Thread

z3papa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
That's pretty awesome stuff. I'm kind of wondering whether 335's will be appreciably better than 315's. Reason why I say this is a friend (Eric Stemler) in a C7Z06 Vette (SSP) felt he could not get the 335's to operational temp even when it was very hot. He doesn't do co-drives but felt the 315's were as good if not better because they could be brought to temp. We have a local fitting 315's on their fairly intensely prepped ESP Mustang which I've driven. The grip is mesmerizing.
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If I read your posts correctly (thank you so much for them, I'm following yours and Dusolds builds very closely) you think you'll be able to run a square 18x12, but you were NOT able to do the same in the 18x11?

I currently have the CF5 18x10 and love the look and weight of the wheel, but would really like to be able to grab a wider set for racing next year. Thoughts?

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's pretty awesome stuff. I'm kind of wondering whether 335's will be appreciably better than 315's. Reason why I say this is a friend (Eric Stemler) in a C7Z06 Vette (SSP) felt he could not get the 335's to operational temp even when it was very hot. He doesn't do co-drives but felt the 315's were as good if not better because they could be brought to temp. We have a local fitting 315's on their fairly intensely prepped ESP Mustang which I've driven. The grip is mesmerizing.
If not,...I would run the 315 on 12's then.

Simmons

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
If I read your posts correctly (thank you so much for them, I'm following yours and Dusolds builds very closely) you think you'll be able to run a square 18x12, but you were NOT able to do the same in the 18x11?

I currently have the CF5 18x10 and love the look and weight of the wheel, but would really like to be able to grab a wider set for racing next year. Thoughts?
i ran 18x11/315 all last season, both rival-s and A7. interference issues arose that necessitated a larger spacer to run the same wheels up front, but as it turns out, the same spacer will work for the 18x12 too now that i've eliminated my camber plate spacers and moved my perch up higher.

If not,...I would run the 315 on 12's then.

Simmons
i bet eric's car weighs a lot less than mine too - especially up front. not worried about getting heat in the rears, even as a single driver. if i'm wrong, simmons' is bang on - 315s on 12s will work nicely, but i fully expect that 335s still won't be enough with my driving style :)

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hope you have it running well and ready to play this weekend, boardkat! See ya Sunday and hoping for dry weather.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
i ran 18x11/315 all last season, both rival-s and A7. interference issues arose that necessitated a larger spacer to run the same wheels up front, but as it turns out, the same spacer will work for the 18x12 too now that i've eliminated my camber plate spacers and moved my perch up higher.
So are you saying the 18x11 square offset can work, but with a spacer up front?

Sorry for the noob questions.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Hope you have it running well and ready to play this weekend, boardkat! See ya Sunday and hoping for dry weather.
i'll be at the world indoor track champs this weekend, so not gonna make it out to PIR :(
car is way too stiff to run there anymore anyway.
i'll be at all the socal/norcal national events, so i'm sure you'll see me there :)

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i'll be at the world indoor track champs this weekend, so not gonna make it out to PIR :(
car is way too stiff to run there anymore anyway.
i'll be at all the socal/norcal national events, so i'm sure you'll see me there :)
I hear ya, OR sites aren't the best that's for sure.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I decided to move to ESP. I got my 315 Hoosiers just in time for the Wilmington Pro Solo.

I can't wait to try them.

Simmons

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I finally got around to installing the lightweight battery.