Sponsored

Ecoboost Clutch/Transmission Problems?

mustangguy93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be '16 EB Premium
Hi guys,

Just took delivery on my 2016 ecoboost a week ago today, and I have a couple of questions, as I don't have the biggest knowledge of cars in the world. My first issue is that when pressing in the clutch quickly, only at low speeds, like pulling into a driveway or parking spot, I can hear a clunking noise. The second issue is that from time to time when shifting into second or third, I need to shift it in gingerly, otherwise I can feel a not so nice vibration in the shifter. Just wondering if these issues are something I should be concerned about. Like I said the car is only a week old and less than 500 miles on it so hoping for nothing too serious. Thanks a lot!!
Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
I believe its normal when hitting the clutch. It's drive train slack releasing. From time to time shifting into second, as long as its cold when its happening, it seems to be a normal characteristic of the transmission if shifting quickly with the MT82.

wargamedt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost manual
Yeah car just needs to be warmed up, I have the same thing. As far as shifter vibration, that can probably be remedied by different bushings if you want it to feel more solid.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi guys,

Just took delivery on my 2016 ecoboost a week ago today, and I have a couple of questions, as I don't have the biggest knowledge of cars in the world. My first issue is that when pressing in the clutch quickly, only at low speeds, like pulling into a driveway or parking spot, I can hear a clunking noise. The second issue is that from time to time when shifting into second or third, I need to shift it in gingerly, otherwise I can feel a not so nice vibration in the shifter. Just wondering if these issues are something I should be concerned about. Like I said the car is only a week old and less than 500 miles on it so hoping for nothing too serious. Thanks a lot!!

Is the transmission any different when its warm? I shift 1st-2nd gingerly until the transmission is warm. You could go to the dealership and test drive a new car to see if there is any difference.

OP
OP

mustangguy93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be '16 EB Premium
Thanks for all the helpful replies! I believe you're right Andrew.k, I've done some more digging around and it does appear just to be drive train slack. As for the transmission, the vibration does occur when the car is cold, so I believe it's just due to that. Thanks again!
Sponsored