Sponsored

Ammo car wash products

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Ive been wathcing the ammonyc videos that are on youtube of the owner of the company (larry) washing cars with his product and was wondering if anyone has used his products before. He seems to really know his stuff and he created his own formulas.
Sponsored

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
I'm sure the products are good but over priced, IMO.

Meguiar's have been making awesome product's that I've been using for years. My cars always look mint and probably spend 1/2 the money on products than you would using that guys products.

NXT Generation Tech Wax - Awesome product, just started using it this past year and love it.

Quik Detailer - Been using this for a very long time and use it on a regular basis.

Final Inspection - Was using this for a very long time... until I started using the quik detailer more often.

You're looking at about $27 for both the wax and detailer. And if you're like me keeping your car spotless - you don't need anything else.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm sure the products are good but over priced, IMO.

Meguiar's have been making awesome product's that I've been using for years. My cars always look mint and probably spend 1/2 the money on products than you would using that guys products.

NXT Generation Tech Wax - Awesome product, just started using it this past year and love it.

Quik Detailer - Been using this for a very long time and use it on a regular basis.

Final Inspection - Was using this for a very long time... until I started using the quik detailer more often.

You're looking at about $27 for both the wax and detailer. And if you're like me keeping your car spotless - you don't need anything else.
I have used the "boutique" stuff the last 8-10 years and had great results. The last 2 months, I started selling those products to recoup my money for unused product and started using Meguiars professional line products. Their stuff is just as good or maybe 95% of what those products are that cost 5-10 times as much. Makes no sense to me to waste all that money when I detail my car myself and it lives in the garage :).

Meguiar's Professional line FTW. Their products are spot on and work amazing.

OP
OP
AoAIronman

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Do they sell the professional line at autozone or advanced auto?

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
Meguiar's Professional line FTW. Their products are spot on and work amazing.
Yep, all good stuff. I used all of them myself. Mirror glaze, Hi-tech....etc. I use to get it in bulk from a friend who owns a body shop.

I Just started using the NXT wax product this year. Give it a try if you haven't - very easy to work with. Seems to last a while, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to keeping my cars waxed, so I re-apply often.

I just looked in my cabinet.... still have some mirror glaze left. :)

AoAIronman, they should, if not Amazon.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Do they sell the professional line at autozone or advanced auto?
The usually have the hi-tech wax, quik detailer, sealant. Just the basics of that line but Amazon will carry all the professional
Yep, all good stuff. I used all of them myself. Mirror glaze, Hi-tech....etc. I use to get it in bulk from a friend who owns a body shop.

I Just started using the NXT wax product this year. Give it a try if you haven't - very easy to work with. Seems to last a while, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to keeping my cars waxed, so I re-apply often.

I just looked in my cabinet.... still have some mirror glaze left. :)

AoAIronman, they should, if not Amazon.
I have the NXT and just put it on my new WORK wheels over the weekend to keep them protected. I will use different Meguiar's on my car instead of the NXT. The #20 followed by #26 is my plan.

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
I started to use his products and love it so far. Like Todd, I also like Meguire's products and also use some of Chemical Guys.

Larry also uses Meguire's as well. If you watch his videos he uses their cutting compound for his deep cleaning and finishes with his products. He alos attends some of their workshops and posts videos while he is there.

Compared to other products like Adam's polishes he is about average on some items and a little more expensive on others. I started with his Hydrate, which is similar to Adam's H2O guard and gloss. I've use the H2O and bought this when I ran out. I got to say it's amazing. Two sprays on a MF towel and wipe off the water. It leaves a great finish and speeds up the drying time. I will be purchasing a few of his other products as I run out of wax and detail spray. So far I am sold.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
[MENTION=16995]ATLDesigns550[/MENTION]

Looks like you got a nice finish with the hydrate!

Once I run out of my gallon of Adams Guard n Gloss, I might just give this a try.

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
[MENTION=16995]ATLDesigns550[/MENTION]

Looks like you got a nice finish with the hydrate!

Once I run out of my gallon of Adams Guard n Gloss, I might just give this a try.
The finish looks good. What I like better than Adam's is this seems to dry the car better.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
I use AMMO Hydrate and Reflex. I love both. I need to order more hydrate soon. Reflex is working amazing.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I like Larry's vids and passion. His prodcuts are more for the "high end" customer though. Reflex (the coating) isn't bad at $65 and he's realistic with his claims- apply it once a year (or twice cant remember).

Cant go wrong with Meguiars. Another vote for their pro line off Amazon. You can get a gallon of spray wax for $25 or so and quick detailer (which you can dilute a bit too with water) for $20. I still have half of each 1.5 years later put it that way; I dont use it all the time but even it should last you a year on 1 car easily.

No need to buy expensive stuff, its 99% hype. That's the 1 thing I hate about CG that keeps me away from their products- too gimmicky and 100 choices. Why do you need 20 spray waxes? I just dont get it. And I would consider myself a bit more than a "novice" with detailing knowledge, more intermediate, and I still dont get it.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Anyone used Meguiars Mirror Bright line yet? Wheel cleaner I saw looked to work well...

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Meguiars Pro line stuff in gallons off Amazon. Cheapest you will get. Somewhere around $25-30 I believe they were (detailer and spray wax).

Still have half each jug well over a year later vs. $8-10 for a retail bottle of what 16-22 oz? You get 6+ times the amount (gallon is 128 oz) for only about 2.5 times the price.

Im SURE the Ammo stuff is good and I love Larry and his passion. I just dont think it's needed on a Mustang. Maybe if you had a rare or exotic car use the boutique stuff.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
I've always loved Meguiars stuff. Used it from the start. Doing their NXT and then topping with Carnuba made yellow look amazing. I still use them but, also use Optimum as you just can't beat the ease of their spray wax. You can spray it on anything and it doesn't matter...it doesn't make the black plastic stuff white. Ease to use..and on and on. I'm going to use it perhaps together with Meguiars. May pick up some mirror bright meguiars to check out....I tend to try a bunch stuff but, usually end up back at my normal stuff. Like my detailer once said..keep it simple stupid. If you use something that you like and it works well..why change. Like said above most of the more expensive stuff is hype...
Sponsored