Illiminated Sill Plates

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Would the "with light group" be the brake lights working with Adaptive Cruise Control?
Sponsored

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Would the "with light group" be the brake lights working with Adaptive Cruise Control?
Damn. Didn't think of that. We need a Ford Service Tech to chime in on this.

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
well I'm glad we got the ball rolling again on this, it sure would be easy if the modules were pre-programmed but I don't think they are.
I made an initial contact with Levittown, but so far I've been ignored
Are we going to have to take a car apart just to see whether its D or E

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MustangChief bought one, he had to program it. Chime in there buddy!

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
MustangChief bought one, he had to program it. Chime in there buddy!
I hope.someone chimes in. I went to a local ford dealership here and was looking for the harness. but instead they wanted me to buy the sills all over again that include the harness. So I am going to buy the harness online I can't remember where I saw it and hold off on the installation until someone does it without splicing wires.

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also thought about adding a RGB controller (As Sagicity was thinking) but can't verify polarity matching.
Also I had this thought as far as wiring, if the module is in the trunk area, that has to be the common point for sills and the"trigger" from the doors doesn't it? Wouldn't that be a simpler tie in for one color? Who had the wiring diagrams?
Gonna have to take it apart to see I guess.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Question for Mustang Chief, if a new bcm-b has no programming (firmware) then "programing files"must be available to Ford Techs, because I doubt they go to the lot to copy firmware if they have to replace a module. So help from somebody that has access to those files would be nice.
Yes, the programming files are available, but when you hook the computer up, it identifies your vehicle and only downloads software that works for your vehicle (prevents brilliant techs from installing Focus software on your Mustang). Hence, why you have to copy and lie. The copy work around is for when Ford Service is down. Any good Master Tech knows how to do it and most shops with a current VCM and no subscription.

The only thing of note I have discovered is the Battery drains much faster, so when you want to show off your plates, have the car running or hooked to external juice. I killed a battery in a few hours at a show:headbonk:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Noticed any issues, other than extra battery drain, since install?
Nothing but battery drain so far. I don't drive it much though. Now that it is warm again, it will see more daylight. The only one I wouldn't mess with is the cars with adaptive cruise, since signals from the BCM Cruise input to the op drivers in the BCM-B. There are no extra signals on ours. It may take a year or three to burn up a chip, that's why I recommend buying a separate BCM-B and keeping your original.

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a common cathode (common ground) RGB controller to experiment with, I started with some bench testing with some scrap led string lights, I killed them, then I realized they were 5v lights, so I had some led bulbs, I turned the controller voltage down to 4.5 v, before I plugged them in. Well I still burned them out also. I'm missing something here, I am very reluctant to experiment with my sills until I figure this out. Maybe add some 100 ohm resisters in series to limit the current?

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I solved that brain f___ , gotta use resisters. The controller is fine and will work. Just need more wiring routing info (help me). I want to tap in to the lights at one easy spot, hoping they are connected to each other, but I don't want then connected to the BCM even though it isn't powered ( just to be safe).
I also took the subwoofer out and looked at the modules back there but I couldn't identify what was sill wiring. attached is the module I found, Look familiar? Doesn't have the same number we've been discussing?
1462663957.20160507_124341.jpg

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I'm leaning to just installing them and using the Blue setting. It looks good with the White paint. No matter what I do, I'm going to void the warranty. The Ford dealer refused the work on the basis that reprograming the BCM-B module voids the warranty; I spoke with the service manager about it. Seems like Ford and or Ford Show parts would put out a TSB on this, the folks buying LE's are true Ford people. 4 Mustangs and 4 trucks so far for me. A little disappointing that a $300 part doesn't have functionality to match the car.
Why would there be a TSB? People here are getting way ahead of themselves.

"Ford Show Parts" is not Ford Motor Company. They simply license the name and sell products, just like if you bought a shirt from Walmart with the Ford logo.

When you purchase the 50th LE package, the metal non-illuminating sill plates override the illuminated sill plates. Apparently a lot of people don't understsnd how option packages work, or how to read window stickers. The "optional equipment" section on the window sticker shows:

50th Anniversary Package
-P255/40/R19 W-Rated Tire
-50th anniversary floor mats
-19" Luster Nickel Aluminum WH
-50th Anniversary Trim Package

Would you expect to get the 18" machined aluminum wheels and 18" tires listed at the top of the window sticker along with the 19" wheels and tires in the option group? Of course not, the option group overrides/replaces the corresponding stock equipment items. Same with the 50th anniversary seat and door trim package, it replaces the Ecoboost/GT premium trim, and replaces the plastic illuminated door sills with metal ones.

I understand some people like the illuminated sills better, but let's not get carried away with ridiculous demands here. Nowhere did Ford say you will get illuminated door sills on a 50th anniversary package. People just ASSUMED that because the GT Premiums come with them.

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We also expected more to the floor mats than just white stitching. It's reasonable to expect more for more, that human nature. I don't know that there was preview (picture) as to what was "special" about the floor mats or sills.
And I'm not impressed with FOMCO's attitude on the subject

Sh6l9by

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
Saac mk1 #35/69n70 GT350 conv/fb/69 Mach1prostreet
Same here, this seems like a simple enough thing to fix. Even if I have spend another $75 well worth it to me to be happy. All Ford would need to do to make it's REALLY elite fans HAPPY (not saying everyone who owns a mustang isn't) is just take one of their elite mustang people, let them work on this for a day. PUT TOGETHER A SIMPLE PROGRAM let us BUY the part, have it installed and "POUFF" 1964 potential happy Ford enthusiasts showing off their prized possessions for years to come. Rather than have us continue to feel and tell, (everyone who will listen) that Ford is not the supportive company they claim to be. Yes I understand the cars are sold so there is not a lot of money to be made from this, but how much is your reputation worth?
Sponsored