Sponsored

MP Concepts Gloss Black Blank Decklid...even a 50th Anniversary Faux Gas Cap Emblem.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Not sure if these parts have been posted here yet...just saw the blank deck lid discussed on AM's FB page...looks like reproduction OEM parts.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-full-replacement-decklid-panel-gloss-black-15117.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-50th-anniversary-decklid-emblem-15117.html

They also list just the overlay too...from the looks of the customer pics, it's junk.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-gloss-black-decklid-panel-1517.html

Its gonna be a hot item me thinks...better buy yours before AM jacks up the price. :ninja:
Sponsored

Last edited:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
sucks because I just got the MMD panel, and it mounts like rubbish, the new one looks to mount like the stock piece

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
No one ever has a pre-painted piece in paint code UG (White Platinum Tricoat). Only available for the 2017 year model, UG isn't a very popular color, hence the dearth of pre-painted pieces available. Hopefully, it winds up being a "collectible color." Yeah, my rationale.

But I'm glad to see a proper replacement panel with out the "dimple" in the middle is finally available.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Looks pretty good. Happy to see there is a gloss black option to the discontinued For Racing blank lid.
I got lucky with the FRPP decklid I got, it had no dimple...sold it for $400.00...biggest regret :frusty: of my life...should've kept it because I ended up wanting another one. :doh:

Anyone on the forum have the MP full replacement?
I ordered one this morning...I'll know soon enough.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
I got lucky with the FRPP decklid I got, it had no dimple...sold it for $400.00...biggest regret :frusty: of my life...should've kept it because I ended up wanting another one. :doh:

I ordered one this morning...I'll know soon enough.
Thanks, keep us posted as to fit and finish. You can comment objectively as you had the FRPP panel.

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Decklid Panel

Has anyone installed this yet?! I have gone through two MMD pre-painted black deckled panels and each one starts to lose shape and create a huge gap near the backup camera.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
If anyone gets this, post pics and let us know if it's difficult to replace the stock one. :)

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
If this matches OEM quality I'll buy one. Can't wait for more pictures and a review!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
50th Anniversary trunk emblem

I do believe these emblems were on the appearance pkg 2015 Mustang. I own one. Don't thing they were offered again for 16/17/18 Mustangs??

That's like putting 5.0 emblems on an Ecoboost!!! :frusty:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anxious to hear some feedback on this panel, the price is amazing, especially if the mounting points mimic the oem piece

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just got my panel in today and just installed it. Love it! Perfect fit and everything. I am very impressed. Can't figure out how to post pictures unfortunately though
Sponsored