2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 21 - American Muscle - 4 (New)
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage


Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Alarm)

Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Alarm) For all infotainment and car audio/video/phone/alarm discussions.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 04:23 AM   #1
mustang16
Member
 

Drives: '16 GT Premium Magnetic A6
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 113
Thanks: 54
Thanked: 17 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
rear view mirror power

Anyone use a Radar Mount mirror power wire or Mirrortap? What size pin do you use? I'm looking at the Radar Mount since it's cheaper and it comes in a 0.040 and 0.075 and I don't know which one will fit the s550 correctly.
mustang16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
BeauxXL1200
Member
 
BeauxXL1200's Avatar
 
Name: Ralph
Drives: 2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,734
Thanks: 38
Thanked: 588 Times in 455 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang16 View Post
Anyone use a Radar Mount mirror power wire or Mirrortap? What size pin do you use? I'm looking at the Radar Mount since it's cheaper and it comes in a 0.040 and 0.075 and I don't know which one will fit the s550 correctly.
Not exactly sure what you're asking. How to hard wire a radar to the mirror?

Anyway, the below link has info about hard wiring a dash cam to the mirror. Maybe you'll find it helpful.

I've got the Rexing dash cam that's being discussed and I'm waiting for the converter to be delivered so I can hard wire it into the mirror.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90562
__________________
Ford Racing Touring Cat Backs, Lund 93 Octane Tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Progressive Springs, Velgen VMB7 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Big Worm GT350 stripes, Big Worm Exterior Lens Tint, Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs, Diode Dynamics Turn Signal Switchbacks, Big Dog Shift Knob, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Barton Reverse Collar, G2 "ruby red" caliper paint, Speed Form rear louvers, Steeda Jacking Rails, Steeda Pro Action (nonadjustable) shocks and struts and billet aluminum rear shock mounts, Steeda adjustable rear camber arms, SVE X550 Steering Wheel, and BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit.
BeauxXL1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
mustang16
Member
 

Drives: '16 GT Premium Magnetic A6
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 113
Thanks: 54
Thanked: 17 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauxXL1200 View Post
Not exactly sure what you're asking. How to hard wire a radar to the mirror?

Anyway, the below link has info about hard wiring a dash cam to the mirror. Maybe you'll find it helpful.

I've got the Rexing dash cam that's being discussed and I'm waiting for the converter to be delivered so I can hard wire it into the mirror.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90562
Thanks for the info, however I was actually asking about the wire itself. Specifically, the size of the pins that go into the socket. They come in different sizes. If it's too large or too small it won't fit securely. I'm trying to figure out which ones you guys are using for the mustang. Two brands I came across were Mirrotap and Radar Mount. The Mirrortap MTX comes with interchangeable sizes that range from 0.040" to 0.075" but it's like $40 which is a high markup, but the benefit is it allows to figure out which size is correct for the car since it's modular. The Radar Mount brand wire comes in a 0.040" and 0.075" version, not modular, but they are cheap. I will be powering my radar detector with this. I have included links below.

https://www.mirrortap.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Radar-Mount-M...nt+mirror+wire
https://www.amazon.com/Radar-Mount-M...nt+mirror+wire

Last edited by mustang16; 09-24-2017 at 03:18 PM.
mustang16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
BeauxXL1200
Member
 
BeauxXL1200's Avatar
 
Name: Ralph
Drives: 2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,734
Thanks: 38
Thanked: 588 Times in 455 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang16 View Post
Thanks for the info, however I was actually asking about the wire itself. Specifically, the size of the pins that go into the socket. They come in different sizes. If it's too large or too small it won't fit securely. I'm trying to figure out which ones you guys are using for the mustang. Two brands I came across were Mirrotap and Radar Mount. The Mirrortap MTX comes with interchangeable sizes that range from 0.040" to 0.075" but it's like $40 which is a high markup, but the benefit is it allows to figure out which size is correct for the car since it's modular. The Radar Mount brand wire comes in a 0.040" and 0.075" version, not modular, but they are cheap. I will be powering my radar detector with this. I have included links below.

https://www.mirrortap.com/
https://www.amazon.com/Radar-Mount-M...nt+mirror+wire
https://www.amazon.com/Radar-Mount-M...nt+mirror+wire
Ah, okay.

I had to order a special size crimp for mounting the dash cam into the mirror. I ordered the exact pins that Hunter ordered in the thread I sent you.

Actually, Hunter mentions the pins and provides a link to them in this thread.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87726
__________________
Ford Racing Touring Cat Backs, Lund 93 Octane Tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Progressive Springs, Velgen VMB7 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Big Worm GT350 stripes, Big Worm Exterior Lens Tint, Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs, Diode Dynamics Turn Signal Switchbacks, Big Dog Shift Knob, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Barton Reverse Collar, G2 "ruby red" caliper paint, Speed Form rear louvers, Steeda Jacking Rails, Steeda Pro Action (nonadjustable) shocks and struts and billet aluminum rear shock mounts, Steeda adjustable rear camber arms, SVE X550 Steering Wheel, and BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit.
BeauxXL1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear view mirror vibration croyde United Kingdom 16 08-09-2017 07:14 AM
Rear view mirror mustang16 Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls 0 07-17-2017 07:43 PM
Smart rear view mirror svtfever Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Alarm) 1 09-28-2015 10:45 PM
Rear View Mirror Vibration packick Mustang S550 General Forums 2 09-26-2015 08:10 PM
Rear View Mirror wiring scrawshaw Infotainment and Electronics (Nav, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Alarm) 7 01-05-2015 07:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.