Sponsored

2018 delayed?

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Read an article saying 2018 Mustangs will be delayed at least 2 weeks. Anyone else have any info to share?

Ford’s Mich. Assembly, Flat Rock face temporary idling

Ford Motor Co. is planning shutdowns of a week or more at multiple North American plants – including Flat Rock Assembly and Michigan Assembly – the automaker said Tuesday.

The shutdowns come as U.S. automobile sales have stagnated through most of 2017 following consecutive record sales years and increased production.

The shutdowns are as follows:

■Flat Rock Assembly will idle production for two weeks.

■Michigan Assembly in Wayne will idle for one week.

■Kansas City Assembly in Missouri will idle for two weeks.

■Cuautitlan Assembly in Mexico will idle for three weeks.

■Hermosillo Assembly in Mexico will idle for two weeks.

The company did not give dates for the shutdowns.

The shutdowns will affect plants that make the Ford Fiesta, Fusion, Mustang, Transit and Focus, as well as the the Lincoln MKZ, all of which have had sales declines through the first eight months of 2017. The Lincoln Continental, produced at Flat Rock, went on sale last fall.

“We are continuing to match production with customer demand, as we always do, and we are on track for our dealer inventories to remain at planned levels by year-end,” spokeswoman Kelli Felker said in an emailed statement.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...09/19/ford-north-america-shutdowns/105795002/
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
2 weeks! Oh the humanity!

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Furloughs

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
First world problems

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Well shit!

Oh wait... I don't care.

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
I was hoping for Dec delivery on my car. Now it will probably be Jan.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Read an article saying 2018 Mustangs will be delayed at least 2 weeks. Anyone else have any info to share?
The article you copied and pasted (and linked to) did not say anything about 2018 Mustangs being delayed 2 weeks.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The article you copied and pasted (and linked to) did not say anything about 2018 Mustangs being delayed 2 weeks.
That's what I was thinking. They are going to idle Flat Rock. That may have been planned for the full MY switchover. That being said, having greater than a 90 day stock of 2017s on the lots (I read an article that said 111 days) it would not surprise me if they did delay production of 18s. It also makes the 18 price more of a sticker shock, since the $2K sticker bump actually equals about an $8K or more drive off difference.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That's what I was thinking. They are going to idle Flat Rock. That may have been planned for the full MY switchover. That being said, having greater than a 90 day stock of 2017s on the lots (I read an article that said 111 days) it would not surprise me if they did delay production of 18s. It also makes the 18 price more of a sticker shock, since the $2K sticker bump actually equals about an $8K or more drive off difference.

Hell, they could just be ending 2017MY production 2 weeks earlier. Which I'd bet is what is happening.

Jesus, some people that have ordered 2018 cars sure are freaking out over nothing.
giphy.gif

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Demand for vehicles is low. They are doing what they can to cut fixed cost due to overestimating the sales volume on those product lines.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Demand for vehicles is low. They are doing what they can to cut fixed cost due to overestimating the sales volume on those product lines.
Which makes the sticker jump in 18 more perplexing. Cars like the Mustang tend to have fairly elastic demand curves. People don't "have" to have them.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Which makes the sticker jump in 18 more perplexing. Cars like the Mustang tend to have fairly elastic demand curves. People don't "have" to have them.
I had to have mine! You make a great point though, if the demand is lower it would seem the large price jump is unjustified even considering the '18's improvements

NOLA_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'89 GT Conv, '03 GT
So I'll be able to order my 19" nickle finish wheels with the start of production instead of late in production? Cool.
Sponsored