Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
They all look great, but you nailed it on Version 2.0

I'd buy this in a heartbeat (love the Orange Fury, but I'd like to see it in Grabber Blue.....or :cough: '03 Mach 1 Azure Blue.....with black mirrors and a black rear wing) :cool:
While I tend to agree with you, I am not sure if it is unique enough for the aftermarket, but we will see (hopefully). By adding the outer splitter extensions, I think it helps in this regard.

This one's for you:

2018_Mustang_new_Front_2b.jpg

For the record, I think Azure/Kona would be a better set of blues than Lightning/Kona. Lightning and Kona are just too close to each other in my book.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, and subtle it might be, but it makes all the difference (and this comes from someone that actually really likes how the '18 looks).

For me, this is the equivalent to the original S197 GT.....and then the California Special (and Shelby GT) that came afterwards. Subtle changes to the front fascia, but adds just enough aggression to make all the difference.

2008MustangGTprem.jpg

67421144.jpg

OP
OP
Rampant

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
Oh my :love:
Yeah, I agree. Great call on the Azure Blue color too.

I also agree that subtle can make a huge difference. The GT/CS is a perfect example.

Anyway, I have some meetings setup this week, so hopefully some people who can build these might agree. Looking at this, it would be great for Steeda as they tend to be subtle in their design stuff as well. Too bad I don't know anyone there.

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Everyone hates on a new design initially. This has happened with every single model. Go back and read how much people hated the 2015 design initially.

I think partly because they own a current car and love it so much, every possible design is worse than what they have now.

This will change over time -- as it always has.
Wow I am usually the opposite. I love them until I see them 100 times a day on the street then I am over it. The only ones I still really like are the 60s fastbacks, 87-93 GTs (non-notchbacks), and the 15-17s GTs (with hood vents and diffuser), and 15-17 GT 350s.

The photoshop renderings look neat, but I dont like how the hood vents moved inward on the hood, or the new style of headlights, or how the angles where the fog light are just dont seem to fit the car in this refresh.

eknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible - Lightning Blue
While I still think the 2018 lower front bumper borrows too much from a Prius, it does have potential.

2018_Mustang_new_Front_1a.jpg
Damn...If the '18 had looked like this, I would have been ordering one instead having just bought a '17.
Sponsored