2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Maybe just me, but that link says "set" and "sold as a pair".
I stand corrected. I do believe these require other changes (seat bracket) as others have stated, but looks like sub $3k is doable if you think its worth it.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
At that price, I'd personally just get aftermarket Recaro/Sparco/whatever, but I guess for someone who wants the OEM look maybe it's worth it.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I personally could find a lot of other ways to spend 3k, but build it to make you happy. The regular seats are too comfortable to move away from unless it is a dedicated track car IMO. I'm sure you guys get the same feedback, I can't tell you how many people who have sat in previous gen mustangs and then sit in the S550 and can't believe how comfortable the seats really are. My first drive was 4 hours back home from the dealer and never once did I or passenger feel uncomfortable... the fresh excitement of finally picking her up didn't hurt either

Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
Those look like the Ford racing seat not the factoryoptioned seat. Same thing but different logo stitching

They don't sell the factory optioned seat as a stand alone, only these ford racing ones.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Those look like the Ford racing seat not the factoryoptioned seat. Same thing but different logo stitching
Read the thread, nobody can find a link for OE Recaros, the OP wants OE Recaros if they can be sourced. Closest anyone can find is the Ford racing seat.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
They pop up for sale every now and then but people are definitely asking a premium for them, especially for the leather ones.

mike15gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think your best bet will be to find contact some of the larger auto wreckers around to see what they have in stock.
LMR also has a set of ford racing leather recaro's for the 15-17 which are reasonably priced considering the airbag is in them. I know they aren't eh factory ones but they are an option.

https://lmr.com/item/M63660005ME/ford-performance-mustang-recaro-seats-15-17

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
They pop up for sale every now and then but people are definitely asking a premium for them, especially for the leather ones.
Yeah, once every 6-12 months or so a used pair shows up on the classifieds section here. Sometimes cloth, sometimes leather.

Checking every day, I did finally manage to snag a pair in trade from a guy only 1hr away from me. The trade cost we agreed on was _a_lot_ less than the cost of the Ford Racing ones new.

Finding a set at a junkyard would be a good trick too. Not many cars were ordered with them so they are kinda rare. My local dealerships don't order them because the majority of their customers don't want them. I couldn't even find a local car with them to try them out.

I also agree with the sentiment that the stock seats are really good unless you're tracking the car, but... we did do a 880 mile / 11 hour road trip with the Recaros and I was perfectly comfortable until about the last 3 hours.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Love my cloth recaros! But I also factory ordered to get them.
They will get even more rare as you can't get them on the '18s in cloth. Most people think they are aftermarket.
Maybe there is someone out there who would trade? Or a dealer who would trade (as some mentioned the recaros are a love hate and a car without them may sell easier)? Your car would probably need to be pretty new for the latter.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
As much as I like the look of Recaros, I wouldn't want them if it wasn't for a track car. The stock seats are some of the best support/comfortable seats I've owned.
The Recaros are even better and the cornering support is outstanding. But not likely so much of a good fit for the larger bodied people among us.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
There’s a set of Redline Recaros on Instagram for $2500

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro