Sponsored

Michelin PS AS and Continental EC vs Pzero

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I'm gonna get a set of all seasons pretty soon and based on what I've read here, I'm pretty much best to go with the Pilot or EC. What I'm wondering is, how much, if any, will the performance of the tires change for the less vs the P Zeroes. I know everyone says the P-0's are P-OS's but they're still a performance summer tire vs a performance all season so I presume the all seasons won't have quite the grip.

Granted, I'm not out on a track and I've never pushed the P0's to the point of breaking traction. But, can I expect a significant difference in performance day-to day?
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Drastically better traction? I know they'll do better in the cold, but in a 40+ degrees and dry out scenario as well?
When the Pzero leaves skid marks down a driveway because the car slides down ya anything is drastically better lol.

The EC can handle it pretty damn well from what my clients tell me.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
When the Pzero leaves skid marks down a driveway because the car slides down ya anything is drastically better lol.

The EC can handle it pretty damn well from what my clients tell me.
My PZ's break traction just backing up in the morning..lol

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The P Zero tires are horrible until they are properly warmed up and by that time I'm back in the garage.

da_mob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP 6MT Magnetic
I run Conti EC DWS-06 in the winter in Alabama. Much much better grip than the P-zero had in the cold. Dry roads and 40's, just no bite from the Pirellis. For an A/S tire, I was happy. Happier than I was finessing traction from the summer tires.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Exactly lol
Maybe I just don't push my car as hard in the curves as a lot of people. I've never had them break loose on dry pavement during hard cornering. The breaking loose in the driveway and stuff is when it's cooler out but in decently warm weather and the pressure up to 35 or so I've never had an issue. I really probably haven't pushed it like I could. I just get paranoid that I'll take it sideways into a ditch or a house.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I just don't push my car as hard in the curves as a lot of people. I've never had them break loose on dry pavement during hard cornering. The breaking loose in the driveway and stuff is when it's cooler out but in decently warm weather and the pressure up to 35 or so I've never had an issue. I really probably haven't pushed it like I could. I just get paranoid that I'll take it sideways into a ditch or a house.
A car will talk with the driver telling it how much more to push it or to lay off of it.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
A car will talk with the driver telling it how much more to push it or to lay off of it.
I think I'm gonna go to a track a few hours from here and take one of those instructional courses so I can get a better feel for it and get a taste of the track experience. Or maybe I should find an autocross first. I dunno.

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
Everybody has their own style of driving. Some guys are driving Ms. Daisy while others live by the mentality of "you lift you lose". If you're just starting out I'd recommend an auto x course as it's essentially a time attack against yourself. A drag strip can be a bit daunting as it's fast paced and head to head with another driver. A track course with elevation changes and other cars can also be difficult as the competition isn't always equal and passing is allowed.

You won't know what the car is capable of until you push it to its limits. A good tire is gonna drastically change the experience though. Just my $0.02
Sponsored