Sponsored

Autocross Tires

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I am currently running NT05's and do many autocross and high speed driving courses. Needless to say I dont like them.

I am Currently looking at the following 2 options, I am curious if anyone is running them hard and has an opinion on either?

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4s
Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Lots of good feedback on the MPSS4 tires. Costco also has an instant $70 rebate and 1 cent per tire installation going on for Michelins.

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake
I am currently running NT05's and do many autocross and high speed driving courses. Needless to say I dont like them.

I am Currently looking at the following 2 options, I am curious if anyone is running them hard and has an opinion on either?

Just finished up with a customer over the phone who bought me some Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 and he said he couldn't be any happier going with them.
He also had a the same dilemma on the Nitto's.

I say RE-11 :first:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

What specs are the wheels brotha?

The MPS4S is getting gread feedback

I have used the RE-11 they were great as well. Personally the best is the RE71R tire

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

If you are looking for a tire that can handle repetitive lapping, providing you with superior grip without getting greasy or deteriorating, I would urge you to explore other tire options. While the RE-11 and PS4S are fantastic tires for the street and spirited driving, there are much better options for HPDE's. Assuming you want to stick with Extreme Summer tires, I would suggest Bridgestone RE71R, Hankook RS-4, Dunlop Star Spec ZII, Yokohama AD08R or the BFG Rival S.

As Paul mentioned, we would need to know what your wheel spec's are and what your desired tire size is? Tire availability changes quite a bit from size to size.

Also, do you have adjustable camber plates installed?

- Ryan

Sponsored

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Hankook RS4 if you don't want the best possible times with higher wear. These tires are pretty sticky and last longer than say the RE71R

Last edited:

sprayed150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For street classes ( f street, cam c) the hotness is the rivals and the RE71s, followed by nexen 4ugs and azenis, these are all 200tw as required by classes

for SP and above (ESP) you lean to the hoosier a7, i think the guys racing nats mostly run 305's or 315's in all 4 corners, i used to run 295's in my s197 years ago

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Wheels are:
MRR M600
F: 19x10 +35
R: 19x11 +50

Lowered on BMR performance springs with no caster/camber plates.

I do various event of AutoX, no certain class so tracks and track times vary. I would say less than 2 minutes per run normally.

Both tires have the sizes I want.
F: 305/30/19
R: 325/30/19

Sponsored

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wheels are:
MRR M600
F: 19x10 +35
R: 19x11 +50

Lowered on BMR performance springs with no caster/camber plates.

I do various event of AutoX, no certain class so tracks and track times vary. I would say less than 2 minutes per run normally.

Both tires have the sizes I want.
F: 305/30/19
R: 325/30/19
Yea, those are some tough sizes to work with if you are after good extreme summer or r-compound tires. Michelin Sport Cup 2's would be the best offering, however they aren't cheap.

I would strongly suggest purchasing adjustable camber plates, as they will have a dramatic effect on the cars ability to turn-in, negotiate corners and mitigate inconsistent tire wear. Very valuable in an AutoX environment. More room to run wider rubber under the front fenders never hurt anyone as well. :)

- Ryan

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
RE71Rs or Rival S 1.5. Everything else is a distant third.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
I think you guys are talking about the Nexen N FERA SUR4G. Unfortunatly, they don't come wide enough for you (or most other mustangs either I believe 275 is the widest).

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
those 4UG's got alot of trophies at bristol i think it was too
No sizes that wide and on Nationals they looked much worse. There are people that like them but they seem little off pace of RE-71Rs.

With 19" tires that are that wide, there are no top autocross tires available. For Rivals, he would have to go down to 18". Widest RE is 305 if I am not mistaken.
Sponsored