Sponsored

'18MY Saleen

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Here's another picture of the same print. It was taken last Saturday at the Annual Saleen Show at their HQ in Corona CA.
21742889_10155636217659477_1527719027640747665_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's a better pic, thank you.

I was watching their Live Feed on Saturday, hoping for a decent shot, but they focused on the new truck which will be available from November.

Steve Saleen did indicate the Black Label won't be changing for the '18MY though. I guess the significant investment for a small amount of sales just isn't worth it for the supercharged car.

That being said, I do like what they're proposing for the White and Yellow Labels here (although I also like the stock '18 front end) :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
Meh. To me, it looks like Saleen's slapped a 2013-14 S197 lower fascia onto an otherwise-stock 2018 Mustang. Full disclosure: I like the 2018 Mustang's front end aesthetic as delivered by FoMoCo.
Saying you like the '18 front end aesthetic is like admitting you voted for Trump or, over here, Brexit.
I for one much prefer the '18 front to the rather dated '15-'17 face.

It has got to the point where I look away from photos of the front of the '15, something about it just causes a reaction like looking at a pimple about to be popped.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This fixes the worst part of the 2018, the headlights. I hides the horrible angle/droop. If it weren't for that part, I'd almost love the 2018 at this point but also the hardest part to fix.

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt pp with recaros
When I was a teenager in the early 90's the mustang saleen's were something special. Now the Saleen name have become an inside joke. Is like that fraudster John Hennessy claiming he MADE a supercar VenonGT!! Remember in the jay leno garage, what John Hennessy did was to grab a Lotus Exige change the engine put an v8 with turbos and a bodykit then put a 1 million price tag. By the way in the title still show as an Lotus Exige

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This fixes the worst part of the 2018, the headlights. I hides the horrible angle/droop. If it weren't for that part, I'd almost love the 2018 at this point but also the hardest part to fix.

We're a weird bunch, aren't we (well, I am! :p ) .....the current headlamps are, for me, the weakest part and that's fixed with the '18! (not that the current ones are deal breakers by any means).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if this '18 Saleen does have new wings that partially cover the headlamps. It'd be very cool if they did, as it gives it a really aggressive front end.....but that's going to be expensive to tool up for. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Just resized the image too.....
2018 Saleen 6.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
We're a weird bunch, aren't we (well, I am! :p ) .....the current headlamps are, for me, the weakest part and that's fixed with the '18! (not that the current ones are deal breakers by any means).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if this '18 Saleen does have new wings that partially cover the headlamps. It'd be very cool if they did, as it gives it a really aggressive front end.....but that's going to be expensive to tool up for. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Just resized the image too.....
See. I have an issue when things don't flow to the back of the car. The current head lamps do. The new ones just totally throw me off when looking at them. Instead of my eyes following from the front of the car to the back, they stop on the abrupt angle of the head lamps. It's just one of those brain things. I am a symmetrical person and need things to point certain ways, etc, even at my desk. I don't expect everyone to feel the way I do but the people who I have discussed the 18 with always seem to talk about them as well. The actually lights them self look great, it's just how the end up on the side of the fender.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That looks amazing! Ford should have gotten advice from Saleen on the redesign, at least for the frontend. ;)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
For me Paul, it's the air extractors on the hood on the '18's. I think that are ugly beyond ugly. :tsk:
I would think Saleen might change the whole hood completely.

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Id rather drive a Camaro than a Saleen.
Loved the foxbody Saleens but seen too many problems with the new ones.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
yeah its really too bad that they suck as a company because that front end looks bad ass