Sponsored

Changed the Clutch Spring.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
To the Steeda one.

Not sure I like it. Definitely stiffer. I've had the car a year and maybe I'm just use to the stock one. Only took a quick ride to evaluate so maybe in time I'll like it ?

Thoughts anybody ?

( yeah this may have been discussed a billion times but I wasn't there and I'm chatty so ... )
Sponsored

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Let us know how you like it, I'm about to pull the trigger on some steeda parts so I'll take any feedback I can get!

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I like the difference since adding mine, but I had only a couple hundred miles so I was not as used to the stock clutch spring as you likely were. For $15 and an easy install its worth trying out.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Just installed Steeda spring and perch. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, just sat in for a quick feel. Will report back with feedback after I get time to drive it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Just installed Steeda spring and perch. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, just sat in for a quick feel. Will report back with feedback after I get time to drive it.
Lol ... got the spring today and then I watched a few videos on how to install the spring. Half the people broke the Perch :headbang:

So I was careful.

I depressed the clutch with a bar and some wood on the floor so it would just stay depressed while I was messing with the spring
( quess I should of taken a pic )
and then I took some needle nose vice grips to collapse the spring a little and it popped right out.

With the pedal still depressed I plopped in the Steeda spring as it has less tension and was easy to install.
Didn't need the vice grips.

But yes I was concerned on breaking the Perch thingy and thought maybe I should buy one before I do this as this is my daily driver and I need a car but .... then I realized people drive this car without the assembly spring thingy so what the hell lets just go for it :headbang:

Any who, I just took the wife out to dinner in my GT and it didn't seem as stiff so maybe it's all in my head. I'll leave it in for a while and see :thumbsup:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the feedback - for a small investment it definitely delivers big dividends!

Best Regards,

TJ

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I think the Steeda spring is just about perfect. Just the right amount of weight to the pedal, and none of that overdone push back right before the engagement point that makes being smooth in this car so difficult.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Waiting on mine to come in the US mail. Next time I'll just pay the $3 for the "rush" shipping. Free shipping for a small envelope/box through American Muscle takes more than a week to go only halfway across the country.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Went for a drive, pedal is more firm and better feel for clutch engagement.
Should have bought this sooner.

Next will be fluid change, MGW, and RST

Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Installed mine today. Clutch pedal is a little heavier pushing it in, but has a more even feel when letting the clutch up.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Ever watch a dog or cat try to walk after putting tape across the bottom of their paws?

That's how I felt driving with the stock spring.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I love the steeda spring. Had it over a month now and I've gotten used to it after also driving with no spring/stock spring. You'll get used to it. It does make the clutch feel stiffer, but I like that. I'm not a fan of light clutch pedals, feels too vague.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
This is my first manual car, and after 5 months of daily driving my PP GT, I still have issues with 1st/2nd sometimes. The clutch is insanely vague, unlike my friends M3 that I drove.

I'm wondering if this spring would actually make daily driving easier? I sit in quite a bit of bumper to bumper traffic after work on weekends... not sure if I want to do leg-day on the way home.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Yes! It makes a world of difference. It doesn't make it very heavy, but I get stuck in some traffic on occasion and it's no big deal. It's a low cost mod you can change out if you don't like it.
Sponsored