Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the same company that made the Saleen S7, Americans first mid engine super car. That is crazy what happened to them
I heard they spent too much on it, putting them in financial peril.
Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This sounds like something an attorney would be better at getting a solid conclusion to than you by yourself.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The S7's still trade for big dollars...but as someone above said, the current Saleen is not the same company that built the S7.
I was somewhat interested in a Black Label car because they do look very, very sharp and advertised 700+ HP. However, there was a lot of bad press last Summer with at least 1 dealer in TX suing them, and others saying deposits were paid and cars never showed....so I dropped the idea.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Why a lawyer? Do it yourself. I have sued a company in small claims and won before. Do some homework and file a claim in court. When they are served the paperwork watch what happens then. They are forcing your hand.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
Why a lawyer? Do it yourself. I have sued a company in small claims and won before. Do some homework and file a claim in court. When they are served the paperwork watch what happens then. They are forcing your hand.
I've definitely considered it. I've been reading the Magnuson Moss Warranty that seems to apply to this situation. In Saleens Warrenty Policy it even claims they warranty all these things. I reported it in 2 day of having the car, would have been one but I am horrible at taking photos and it took awhile to find someone more competent than me with taking photos.

The 7 days is even applying to damage not bad paint

This shows I have 3 years warranty on these parts.

Derek and the President @ Saleen are claiming since the bill of lading was signed that they are not responsible for the paint any more. I didn't sign any of it, wasn't even there when the car was dropped off and the car was received on an saleen's open trailer, dirty so nothing could have been seen anyways.

Fun fact, I had a small Ford defect on the donor car, a little sealant was painted over on the trunk, took it to my dealer, 8 hours later Ford gave the approval to have it fixed. Not a question asked. This is how this entire situation should have been handled. Not still fighting 112 days later.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Small claims court might be a good option at this point. Then go buy a Roush.

Caffn8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red V6
Oh my god. I was quick to grab one of the last Saleen white label grilles AmericanMuscle had for sale earlier in the year. And, I'd always associated Saleen with cool products, particularly the S7. Didn't know about the bankruptcy and all their other issues. Now, after reading your experience, I'm running around with a Saleen grille on my 17 V6 and actually feel BAD that their name is on it.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh my god. I was quick to grab one of the last Saleen white label grilles AmericanMuscle had for sale earlier in the year. And, I'd always associated Saleen with cool products, particularly the S7. Didn't know about the bankruptcy and all their other issues. Now, after reading your experience, I'm running around with a Saleen grille on my 17 V6 and actually feel BAD that their name is on it.

Haha to be fair, the grill is one of the few things Saleen put on that I have yet to have an issue with.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Your limited in damages in CA in Small Claims to 10K - I don't know if your subject to a venue or forum clause

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Kinda sad to see the company they have become from all the magazines I read as a kid. I feel bad for OP and anyone else waiting on cars or having issues.

**edit - talked a buddy at work out of placing a deposit on one of these, he just said Derek was his sales guy too.....he got a CS instead thankfully.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda sad to see the company they have become from all the magazines I read as a kid. I feel bad for OP and anyone else waiting on cars or having issues.

**edit - talked a buddy at work out of placing a deposit on one of these, he just said Derek was his sales guy too.....he got a CS instead thankfully.
Seems like there are about 3 people that work there. I always get transferred to Derek.

Ordering a car - Derek
Checked progress on car - Derek
Technical Support - Derek
Warranty Claims - Derek
Complaints about Derek -Derek

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm sorry man, this sucks. It's amazing how far they have fallen. They were a great company in the early s197 days, it's a shame they treat customers like this.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Seems like there are about 3 people that work there. I always get transferred to Derek.

Ordering a car - Derek
Checked progress on car - Derek
Technical Support - Derek
Warranty Claims - Derek
Complaints about Derek -Derek
I have to admit this made me laugh.

Good luck with all this. Hopefully you can get it all rectified and put behind you.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
You need a real lawyer. This is an expensive situation which calls for an expert, or you could end up missing out due to your own ignorance of the law and the litigation process. Pony up and add your legal fees to the damage settlement.
Sponsored