Bad Experiences With New 2016 Saleen Yellow Label

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I believe LEMON LAW is in effect after the 3rd visit for the same issue with no resolve.

I would Lemon Law that back to Saleen and go get a Roush..

Good Luck
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I believe LEMON LAW is in effect after the 3rd visit for the same issue with no resolve.

I would Lemon Law that back to Saleen and go get a Roush..

Good Luck
I second it! Get a Roush. Roush stands behind their product! Saleen does not or so it seems.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
I second it! Get a Roush. Roush stands behind their product! Saleen does not or so it seems.
Yep, my local dealer became a Roush Dealer shortly after this issue with Saleen, I test drove one of their RS3's much better fit and finish.

The tune on the RS3 was much more drivable too. The Saleen likes to surge and is not smooth. But the whole loosing $7,000 on a car I only drove for 2000 miles and a couple of months kept me from getting it. just couldn't stomach it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yep, my local dealer became a Roush Dealer shortly after this issue with Saleen, I test drove one of their RS3's much better fit and finish.

The tune on the RS3 was much more drivable too. The Saleen likes to surge and is not smooth. But the whole loosing $7,000 on a car I only drove for 2000 miles and a couple of months kept me from getting it. just couldn't stomach it.
Yea I hate trading cars to dealers and loosing lots of hard earned money. That's why I'm keeping my 15' and adding mods instead of trading for a 18'

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
OP, wow. What a story. Horrible.
I hope you can go through the Lemon Law and have the car shoved up Saleen's ass. I was very interested in getting a Saleen Black Label car at one point. But, between going back and forth with Derek, I felt something was "not right". Plus, I did some research beforehand and heard nothing but bad things about Saleen going bankrupt and all that jazz.
I hope it all works out for you. Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This is why Saleen has fallen so far from what it use to be. The name is crap now. It would be a cold cold cold day and I had walked 500 miles before I would buy a vehicle from them.

This thread just proves that point and how bad they are as a company now.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
OP, wow. What a story. Horrible.
I hope you can go through the Lemon Law and have the car shoved up Saleen's ass. I was very interested in getting a Saleen Black Label car at one point. But, between going back and forth with Derek, I felt something was "not right". Plus, I did some research beforehand and heard nothing but bad things about Saleen going bankrupt and all that jazz.
I hope it all works out for you. Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:
I was considering a black label too but thought another $20k for a body kit was a bit too much for me. I'm glad I didn't go with one now if I'm having paint issues on 100% of my painted parts I wonder how the black labels are looking like.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I like the 05' when they came out. After Steve sold it went downhill and then bought back Saleen it went downhill even further it appears

Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Wow. That is all I can say. I am sorry you have had such a hard time.. I hope things get worked out so you can enjoy your car. :(

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yikes.

I've seen better prep and paint done outside in a driveway. Hope this all gets worked out.

A buddy of mine had one of the super rare Explorer XP8s back when they were new, and the workmanship on it was top notch. Saleen has really fallen apparently.

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is this the same company that made the Saleen S7, Americans first mid engine super car. That is crazy what happened to them
Saleen S7.jpg

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
In 2007, Saleen began working with Chrysler. Then GM.

It's been down hill ever since.

They've lost their way.
Sponsored