Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I just priced out a loaded GT Premium Convertible, and was unhappy at the $58.6K sticker. :faint: The "plan" doesn't have the 2018 Mustangs yet so I don't know what I am really look at paying.

This is about double what my current loaded GT Premium Convertible was stickered at. :shocked: I guess I need to stop and buy a few more PowerBall tickets on the way home.
The X plan doesn't have 2018s yet. Then how come my dealer was able to put the X plan on my invoice? I'm just curious.
Sponsored

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
very happy that I got my 17 for 36k. at 45K+ this car is no longer the bargain it is advertised to be.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
All the threads and posts complaining about the 2018 prices sure are getting old.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Relax .....

X-Plan will bring those prices down. Plus the market will too. After they have been sitting on the lot for 3-4 months there will be room to negotiate. Next year will lower prices too in the fall when the 2019's are out. Remember those are MSRP prices folks. :cool:

:ford:

2018's are awesome cars, just wait until the car reviews are in and we have a few test Ponies out in the wild to see what people think of them.

Oh yeah and I am so glad I got my 2017. :D
Had to throw that in for all the 2018 Fan Boys that hate when I say that. :lol:

:cheers:

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I love when people put weather tech mats as mods to the car!
Fuzzy dice anyone?:lol::thumbsup:

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
The X plan doesn't have 2018s yet. Then how come my dealer was able to put the X plan on my invoice? I'm just curious.
The 'plan website I have access to, doesn't have 2018 Mustang prices yet. That might not mean that no one does.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The 'plan website I have access to, doesn't have 2018 Mustang prices yet. That might not mean that no one does.
You have to add /2018 to the url for the 2018 Xplan price to come up. Thats what I did. Someone on here said how to do it. Or maybe it was on the MCA website.

AGM2018

While I agree the pricing for the 2018 Stang's is higher than most everyone expected, the prices are in line with the 2017, and probably 2018, Camaro. What I don't like, however, is how Ford managed the available options and packages; if one wants the Magna Ride suspension, the PP has to be included. This essentially makes it a $5700.00 option.

If one doesn't have to have a V-8 in their 2018 Stang', the "Bargain Performance Sleeper" is the 18 EB Base with the new 10 speed automatic transmission and PP; its invoice price is: $31,255.64. With X Plan (and $1250 currently available in rebates), one may be able to improve upon that price. Presuming Ford Racing offers a tune for the 18 EB and the after market fabricates a superior quality FMIC (if the 15-17 won't fit the 18's), one may invest around $1500.00 to upgrade the two most obvious "weak points" of the car.

In my opinion (and yes, I may be in the minority here...I understand that), for around 32,500 (after rebates, taxes and the additional cost of FR performance tune for the 18 and an aftermarket FMIC), the EB base with the new 10 speed automatic transmission and PP isn't a bad performance bargain at all. Tuned the 18 EB will likely produce 0 to 60 times of around 4.6- 4.7 seconds and quarter mile times of 13.5 - 13.6 at 101/102 MPH. A marked decrease in both 0 to 60 and quarter mile times from the 15-17 EB's with automatic, PP and the FR tune. Not bad numbers at all and again, in my opinion, a very reasonable price, for the performance you receive.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Play on words

I love when people put weather tech mats as mods to the car!
Fuzzy dice anyone?:lol::thumbsup:
Modify - make partial or minor changes to (something), typically so as to improve it or to make it less extreme or more in the our case.

But if you 2018 Sensitive Fan Boys feel offended I have changed Mods to Added.
I assure you that under Mods your going to have a heart attack when I finish my
my Mustang. :cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I guess I'm an idiot for paying $36900 for my $44,750 MSRP 2017 GT Premium.

If you can't see that Ford jacked up the price unreasonably on the packages and options and actually made them worse to put together, you are blind.

I would certainly wait for the hype to die down and the discounts to start before grabbing a 2018. Besides, they're releasing it in Winter which is still beyond me.
Umm... Can you read and comprehend? My statement was geared towards the people that want a Ferrari for Civic money. I'm glad you got a good deal. That's great. But people in here are complaining the car could eclipse $60k. It isn't surprising. Technology isn't cheap. Horsepower isn't cheap. If you don't want to pay that much, "sacrifice" the convertible option or maybe a few features. Better yet, let Ford detune the GT and you can have your lower price tag.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
@ gtracerx.....Much better...I am no longer offended!:thumbsup:

monzter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I got tired of waiting for the new GT500, but wanted to get back into something fun after selling my 12 GT500 a few years back. Was interested in the new 18, but couldn't justify the cost. For those that want the latest and greatest though, they'll have to pony up the $$$.

Got myself into a loaded 17' GT PP last week, for $35k (everything minus Recaros), and couldn't be happier.

Should keep me happy for a couple years while I wait for the new GT500 to come out, and for the ADM's on it to go away.

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
While I agree the pricing for the 2018 Stang's is higher than most everyone expected, the prices are in line with the 2017, and probably 2018, Camaro. What I don't like, however, is how Ford managed the available options and packages; if one wants the Magna Ride suspension, the PP has to be included. This essentially makes it a $5700.00 option.
The problem is the 18 has even gone above the Camaro and when you factor in that Chevy began offering discounts essentially immediately the GT might just be overpriced.

A loaded 2ss is basically selling for 5-7k off. Even the 1LE can be had for 2-3,000 off which is a new release.

IT's going to be interesting to see what the 2018 sells for. If they are asking MSRP we will likely see them sit on lots if not then they may sell.

But comparing it to the Camaro is a bad idea because they aren't selling anywhere near MSRP.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
60k 2018 Ford Mustang

Actually you can put your 2018 together however you want to get it within a reasonable price - depending on the options you select and what your goals are for the car. Remember its MSRP - there is room to negotiate. That said you can pick up a great deal on a 2017 now and use the savings to Mod it. ;)
Sponsored