Sponsored

Almost 60K for Loaded 2018 GT

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That's exactly what I'm trying to say, compare all day long, it's what we're all here for. But there's no reason to be uncivil or childish about it. Especially if the data you're presenting is coming from magazines, which we all know typically have some sort of bias or use un-reproduceable results.
:cheers:
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It should not. But you always get the magazine racer that decides anything a magazine prints is the diehard truth in all things. All I stated, and still stand by if you want a Mustang to hang with the BMW's and Camaro's or insert "brand" here, you need to pay for it. The great thing about the 18 is it can be as grand or bland as you like. That is what this thread is about. I did not bring magazine racing or all this other nonsense into the conversation. I tried to state the truth in things and hopefully attempt to educate people along the way. I am no expert, but I know what I know. Unfortunately its hard to have a conversation with people when they can hide behind a keyboard and act any way they want to.
In the immortal words of Elsa - Let it go.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
You say $60k is too much for the car. Then you say you get you don't have to get all the fancy stuff. Well there you go. Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner folks! He just realized there are cheaper Mustangs you can buy.

If you haven't noticed, Ford is trying to expand their target buyer market. They have dirt cheap Mustangs, more expensive, but still good value Mustangs, and the all in Mustangs(top of the line). Btw, you reference middle class. I say what middle class? We won't have one pretty soon.
You completely missed the point of my post. :clap2:

I said $60k is too much for a pony car. I didn't say it was too much for a car.

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
My hats off to you guys that have pre-ordered an '18 for the performance upgrades that as of yet haven't been proven on the track or road course. What are you going to do if eventual comparisons to the camaro SS 1LE fall short? I hope I'm wrong and I hope that if actual numbers prove out to be disappointing that you'll still be content with that big car payment or maybe you'll be able to back out of the deal prior to delivery. Whatever, good luck!!

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
My hats off to you guys that have pre-ordered an '18 for the performance upgrades that as of yet haven't been proven on the track or road course. What are you going to do if eventual comparisons to the camaro SS 1LE fall short? I hope I'm wrong and I hope that if actual numbers prove out to be disappointing that you'll still be content with that big car payment or maybe you'll be able to back out of the deal prior to delivery. Whatever, good luck!!
I for one will be waiting to see what the PP2 is. I am really hoping for a 1LE type package for a 1LE type price (~$6500).

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I would hope they bought the 18' not because they want to beat an SS 1LE. That kind of mentality usually fades around 10th grade. Enjoy your 18s fellas.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I would hope they bought the 18' not because they want to beat an SS 1LE. That kind of mentality usually fades around 10th grade. Enjoy your 18s fellas.
I actually bought my 18 because 1) I liked all the features Ford has added 2) because I couldn't see a '17 I liked (and this was after they stopped taking orders) 3) Because I wanted an upgrade from my '13 V6 premium(which my dad will be buying from me whenever my '18 comes in). And it's American Muscle! :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

You completely missed the point of my post. :clap2:

I said $60k is too much for a pony car. I didn't say it was too much for a car.
How so? You are forgetting about the Dodge Demon, Hellcat, GT350, ZL1. Let me guess, you still think 60k is too much for a pony car? Ha! ;)

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
How so? You are forgetting about the Dodge Demon, Hellcat, GT350, ZL1. Let me guess, you still think 60k is too much for a pony car? Ha! ;)
The "pony car" descriptor is more than a bodystyle, though bodystyle is part of the whole; special cases exist that transcend the standard pony car template. If your stance is to be used then we don't call a Mustang GT a sportscar or a muscle car.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I saw his ears "flap", the 18's will be more expensive and my 16 payment is near $600 a month. With my intake "tube" & X-pipe I have 450 hp now. Enjoy the 18's I'll be watching for you.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
How may times have you had your Mustang on the track?

Camaros are hideous, imo. I went to the dealership and couldn't get past that. My payments will be almost the same as they would have been with a 17 GT, so that isn't really worth discussing.
Sponsored