Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I told a dealer I was interested in buying a custom order mustang. Of course the sales guy was all over that! But as soon as I said I'm paying cash I haven't heard a peep from him. Did I scare him off? Should I talk to another sales person and not tell them I am paying cash?
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Go back in and work out a deal ..money talks bullshit walks .

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Should I ask for the same person? Or another salesman?

As long as you get the deal you are comfortable with; it doesn't matter who does the paperwork.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Usually you'll want to pull the cash card out last. Negotiate a good deal, then tell them you're paying cash.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"Cash" is a negative to a dealership, they make big profit on financing. And a sales person would make almost nothing on a low-profit margin/cash sale.

2018s aren't even on the lots yet. Dealerships and sales people have plenty of people willing to pay good profit on each 2018MY Mustang at this point.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
Always wait to talk payment method/financing until you've agreed on the total out the door price. If they try to get you to talk payments or confirm that you'll be financing, stick to something along the lines of "I'd like to nail down the final out the door price before we talk payment options, I can't talk payment until I know what the price is."

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'd go in a get a different sales person. Sounds like he/she is not interested in selling you a car and making a commission.

I did that ordering my 15 EB PP back in Jan 2015. 1st sales guy was the internet salesman. Very cocky and hard to work with. Hard to get him to call me back or respond by emails so I went in and got another sales person and told the new sales guy I'm not dealing with the first guy. Never heard from the first guy again and my order was taken. In fact I had a lady in the office that was concerned and made sure I got updates on the build process COTUS and was happy with the rest of the process and sales deal. If they don't want to work with you go to another dealer. Someone will work with you to make money.

Once I had the final price agreed upon i told them I had my own financing, which I did. Used my own credit union. Put $500 down and when the car came in I brought a check. Very simple process except for the first cocky sales guy.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I told a dealer I was interested in buying a custom order mustang. Of course the sales guy was all over that! But as soon as I said I'm paying cash I haven't heard a peep from him. Did I scare him off? Should I talk to another sales person and not tell them I am paying cash?
I walked from 3 dealers here on island due to shitty service.

Bought online.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go in a get a different sales person. Sounds like he/she is not interested in selling you a car and making a commission.

I did that ordering my 15 EB PP back in Jan 2015. 1st sales guy was the internet salesman. Very cocky and hard to work with. Hard to get him to call me back or respond by emails so I went in and got another sales person and told the new sales guy I'm not dealing with the first guy. Never heard from the first guy again and my order was taken. In fact I had a lady in the office that was concerned and made sure I got updates on the build process COTUS and was happy with the rest of the process and sales deal. If they don't want to work with you go to another dealer. Someone will work with you to make money.

Once I had the final price agreed upon i told them I had my own financing, which I did. Used my own credit union. Put $500 down and when the car came in I brought a check. Very simple process except for the first cocky sales guy.
I might try that tactic.
Sponsored