Sponsored

Is it worth $5690 to get Magneride or not?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
As an owner of a 15 GT/PP and a 16 GT 350, the Mag Ride is worth every penny. Especially if you don’t plan on tracking the car. You can go from sport to track and back to comfort with a push of the button. And it makes a big difference.
In the UK it is a stand alone option. Sounds like it's well worth ticking the box.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
In the UK it is a stand alone option. Sounds like it's well worth ticking the box.
Sounds like Ford is playing games with the option packages in the USA if they can offer Magneride as a stand alone option for the exported Mustangs.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Don't the Euro Spec cars already have the prerequisites as standard equipment? Such as "premium" and "performance pack"?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
Don't the Euro Spec cars already have the prerequisites as standard equipment? Such as "premium" and "performance pack"?
We seem to get a strange mix up of PP and premium bits as standard. The options are few and far between. But we can order Magneride as a one tick option.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I ordered my 2018 GT last week. Already received the DORA on it, but i can change it.

I really wanted the Magneride, but in order to get it, you have to buy the perf package first for $3995, then $1695 for Magneride. I will get an X plan discount, but not factoring that into this right now.

i opted not to the the PP or MR since it was another $5600 for them, instead i got the 20 inch wheels for $1295.

Now obviously, if i take off the rims and add on the MR and PP, in reality its a difference of $4395 before x plan.

Is it really worth that much to get it? everything else i ordered i want for sure, so those are not being traded out for it, premium, safe and sound package, active exhaust, etc.

The x plan price for what i ordered comes to $46,770, to swap out wheels and add PP and MR, it goes up to $50,928, total diff on x plan is $4158. That equals about 60-80 a month more in payments depending on interest.

Not sure what payment will be as of now, but have my 2017 GT to trade and after my payoff of about 8K, probably get 22-25K as a down payment is a guesstimate.

is it really worth it or leave it without?

ready for opinions........
Just get a 2016 gt 350 for $42k with 5-10k miles

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Actually I want to bump this thread up as well, since I customized two different 2019 builds and one of them is with Magnetic Ride, so being that its obviously out now and I am sure some have gotten it, I would be curious to the answer. None of the dealerships here in south jersey have any with them, and the only one that does is the bullit and they wont allow it to be driven unless your serious about buying it. I have the 2016 CS so I know what that feels like, and i know what it felt like in my 2012 C6 Vette, but the vette and the stang are two different animals and nowhere near comparison.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Actually I want to bump this thread up as well, since I customized two different 2019 builds and one of them is with Magnetic Ride, so being that its obviously out now and I am sure some have gotten it, I would be curious to the answer. None of the dealerships here in south jersey have any with them, and the only one that does is the bullit and they wont allow it to be driven unless your serious about buying it. I have the 2016 CS so I know what that feels like, and i know what it felt like in my 2012 C6 Vette, but the vette and the stang are two different animals and nowhere near comparison.
I still love it. Even more so with aftermarket springs. Some think it feels odd, but I don't get that sensation.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
My 18 doesn't have it. I don't track my car and my thought was if I have never had it I won't know what I'm missing. The 18 rides better than my 15 as it is. I do believe it's the tires and maybe tweeks Ford had made to the suspension over three years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I still love it. Even more so with aftermarket springs. Some think it feels odd, but I don't get that sensation.
But question how is the ride different to you? Ihave the 16 CS obviously it doesnt have Magnaride, but I am trying to see if the ride is better, harder, etc since your talking about $4000 to fix it if one goes bad.

How do I know if I have Magneride?
If you didnt get a PP1 you dont have it.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
For 2018 and up all Mustang models have the same struts / shocks from the PP1 package as detailed by the Mustang marketing manager in the MCA magazine. This is why all 2018s and up ride stiffer that the previous models with less float in base suspension non electric setups. One would think that the internal valves in the Magneride shocks would wear out eventually with all of those metallic particles abrading back and forth through the valving. And the replacement costs are pretty high based on checking out the online dealers. Not for me!

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
But question how is the ride different to you? Ihave the 16 CS obviously it doesnt have Magnaride, but I am trying to see if the ride is better, harder, etc since your talking about $4000 to fix it if one goes bad.

If you didnt get a PP1 you dont have it.
What is the PP1? I think I do have it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What is the PP1? I think I do have it.
If you have a 2017, you don't have MR. If you have a 2017 with PP, you have the black PP wheels and Brembo front brakes.

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
If you have a 2017, you don't have MR. If you have a 2017 with PP, you have the black PP wheels and Brembo front brakes.
Thanks. That's what I do have. I bought the car brand new and honestly I haven't really looked at much of anything regarding it because I liked the way it looks, and I rarely drive it. Its two years old, basically no miles, and sits a lot due to just being busy with work, family and life. I've really just begun driving it again. Thanks man. I'm going to dig out all the paperwork and get more in tune with the car this weekend. Definitely not the norm for me to not know these things. LOL
Sponsored