Sponsored

Is it worth $5690 to get Magneride or not?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ive driven other brands with mag ride. (6 gen Camaro and my buddies M3) I couldn't tell the difference on back roads.
BMW's don't use Magnetic Ride Control. They have a similar system but do not be fooled, it absolutely is not the same. BMW's Active Suspension uses magnetic controls that adjust valving. Remember, Magnetic Ride Control that was originally done up by GM, went through Delphi and is now owned by Beijing Industries, doesn't even use traditional valves. Theoretically...Magnetic Ride Control doesn't even really have anything mechanical that would wear out.
Sponsored

Checheco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sorry guys but a Mustang at 50k is crazy. I looked at Mustangs before getting my ATSV and that one comes with the magma ride,you can get those in the high 50's. That suspension really makes a difference, it rides really well over rough roads without being jarring. The Mustang as I remember was not bad, I tried an M3 and that one was even worse.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
Since you brought up pricing and value...You can get a brand new 2017 Corvette for $48,502 here...

http://www.macmulkin.net/corvette-inventory?referrer=http://macmulkincorvette.com/

No argument on the price on the vette. Not sure it's that great of a buy anymore. Camaro is basically same performance for less and more features at that price point and better insurance.

There is a reason why Vettes are having a 20% price tag sale - too many on lots cause they aren't selling.

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
When pricing out a GT, I want a premium with PP.
The two major options are the magneride and the LCD dash.

I will opt for magneride over the required 401a package with LCD, shaker and whatever else is required.

I much prefer hard bits like better suspension over gimmicks like LCD dash....I actually prefer old school dials in the mustang.
Oh and the variable exhaust also!

Last edited:

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Ive driven other brands with mag ride. (6 gen Camaro and my buddies M3) I couldn't tell the difference on back roads.
I have only driven Cadillac's with and without it and I totally could tell. The way that GM tunes it you don't feel body roll. Also it is smooth when it needs to be and sporty when driven harder. My thing is I am not sure if Ford is going to set them up right but they might.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
unless your 6 so is a mustang lol
I'm 6ft 185lbs.. sat in the back of my GT. Headroom was tight, otherwise pretty comfy back there.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If you track the car, then 100% yes it's worth if.

If it's mainly a street car, probably not.

Just the opposite^.

You can dampen your ride for long cruise, or cross country treks and not have that jarring feeling. Then tune it up for the road courses when you feel like it.

Yes MagneRide is worth it.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
When pricing out a GT, I want a premium with PP.
The two major options are the magneride and the LCD dash.

I will opt for magneride over the required 401a package with LCD, shacker and whatever else is required.

I much prefer hard bits like better suspension over gimmicks like LCD dash....I actually prefer old school dials in the mustang.
Oh and the variable exhaust also!
I am pretty sure Mag ride requires 401A.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I was able to add it with the 400A package. LCD only comes with the 401A. (something like $2200 more)