Sponsored

Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Well I can't upload my pics but I installed the springs.

With 30 series tires, its damn low in the front. Might be too low.

I have a picture with a measuring tape and we're talking 3.5" of front clearance.

Stock R is around 4.5".

Not sure if I'll keep them in. Although I like being the only (I think) base model with this setup. Doesn't seem ride was compromised much at all.

I would really like to see your pics. I have a 2017 with FP springs on and 35 series tires. I have been considering going with 30 series tires. Ill PM you my email address if you wouldn't mind sending me some pics. If you want I can post them for you.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I would really like to see your pics. I have a 2017 with FP springs on and 35 series tires. I have been considering going with 30 series tires. Ill PM you my email address if you wouldn't mind sending me some pics. If you want I can post them for you.
Sent you a PM. Next week is my target

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
If my Forgelines ever get here with 305/325/30's on them I'll take a pic and post it here.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Has anybody that installed these springs had to reset the VDM? Is that necessary since the ride height is going to change?

Also what is the difference in camber that is to be expected in the front because of the 0.75” drop? Right now I am at -1.4 with the Ford service bolts.

Thanks!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks like we have a few additional sets of springs. Shoot me a PM with your PayPal email and I will get the ball rolling for you

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody that installed these springs had to reset the VDM? Is that necessary since the ride height is going to change?

Also what is the difference in camber that is to be expected in the front because of the 0.75” drop? Right now I am at -1.4 with the Ford service bolts.

Thanks!
I don't know what VDM is but I installed the springs and didn't have to reset anything. So no is the answer to your first question.

On my car, the springs dropped the front approx 1/4" and the rear approx 3/8". You feel these springs more with your ass than you see them with your eyes.

Keep in mind, the front suspension on this car is a McPherson type so you won't get much camber gain through the range of travel on the suspension like you would on a double a-arm setup. That being said, getting an alignment after spring installation is probably recommended.

:headbang::cheers:

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I don't know what VDM is but I installed the springs and didn't have to reset anything. So no is the answer to your first question.

On my car, the springs dropped the front approx 1/4" and the rear approx 3/8". You feel these springs more with your ass than you see them with your eyes.

Keep in mind, the front suspension on this car is a McPherson type so you won't get much camber gain through the range of travel on the suspension like you would on a double a-arm setup. That being said, getting an alignment after spring installation is probably recommended.

:headbang::cheers:
VDM is the vehicle dynamics module basically the magneride controller.

I am definitely not looking for looks when doing these. I want to feel it with my behind as well :) . And also feel it through my hands (steering wheel). I feel that the car is a bit too 'quiet' the way it comes setup from the factory and I cannot feel what is doing as much as I would like.

I asked about the camber to see what I should expect. I know McPherson will not give you much. When I lowered my old M coupe about 1" back in the day I got a bit less than 1 degree extra.

Thanks!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Thanks!
Camber is not the problem. Your toe will be off.

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just installed these springs today...and....

It looks no different:)
I knew it would be subtle but had hoped for some visual change before settling...car feels not much different if any in sport mode though.

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
I seen images with the Ford Performance Lowering springs on and they seem to look lowered to me. Maybe it needs more time settling in. I plan to do the installation next weekend.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mike just got 14 sets in. He said call him direct if you want them!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I just installed these springs today...and....

It looks no different:)
I knew it would be subtle but had hoped for some visual change before settling...car feels not much different if any in sport mode though.
It needs settling.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
It needs settling.
I agree, after initial installation I didn't see that much of a difference. Once I drove a few 100 miles the car seemed to settle a bit and it looks a bit lower. I am pleased with the result. In the end if you decide to go with Eibach springs you will always be able to sell your FP ones.

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I agree, after initial installation I didn't see that much of a difference. Once I drove a few 100 miles the car seemed to settle a bit and it looks a bit lower. I am pleased with the result. In the end if you decide to go with Eibach springs you will always be able to sell your FP ones.
Thanks everyone...im sure it will settle, and you are right. With that said, I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth waiting a few more months for only another .2 lower up front. Unless KW releases a height adjustable set up like on my bmws, or eibachs turn out lower than expected, I assume I will stick with these.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Got the springs installed - yet to perform alignment. I put BMR camber bolts and Steeda IRS alignment kit at the same time.

After 50 miles or so on them the car dropped about 1/4" each corner and front splitter (I measured each corner and middle front splitter before and after). I will drive it a bit more to give it time to settle down and then align it.

Impressions are very positive. I love the feel of the car now especially the rear end is not numb any more. More steering feedback as well thus overall confidence (and fun) while driving goes up quite a bit even if car might not be a lot faster. I will report back after a few hundred miles to see how much lower it will settle. IMO this is how the car should have been from Ford. Now I am starting to see what the hype around the R is :)
Sponsored