Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
ROUSH PERFORMANCE REAR VALENCE WITH CORSA QUAD TIP INSTALL:

n227tx.jpg

With the RISING popularity with the quad exhaust on the s550 Mustang, I wanted to see if this could be done to a base bumper. I already run the CORSA catback exhaust so I know I would only need the tips to swap over as they make them for the ROUSH valence.

I will start by saying this... .If you DO NOT want to cut up your factory bumper.. this is not for you. You are going to have to conduct not major but some cutting is involved.

The first thing I am going to say which is straight forward... you have to remove your rear bumper. I removed all the lights but you do not have too. Everything is connected on a main harness. Unplug that and your fine.

Once the bumper is removed, your going to want to line up the valence with it. Its not going to sit flush but this allowed us to see the line from the actual bumper to the valence. A easy way to do this, it take the over-lay that ROUSH provides with there kit. Anything below the line is going to be cut off.

What we did was first mask off the area and trace the line so we had something to cut on.

2nkhn4.jpg

Used a sharpie to draw the line:

1415vrq.jpg

2ak07qe.jpg

Once the line was made which is the whole bottom portion of the bumper, we used a dremel to cut the line we marked.

*TIP - CUT IN SECTIONS SO YOU DON'T OVER DO IT *

25k7lmu.jpg

e891k9.jpg

2a5gha9.jpg

Here it what it will look like after cutting the lines. You will have to test fit it a few times to make sure its cut properly.

2duwk8k.jpg

vg0qky.jpg

Here I'm showing the line that is actually cut off when finished:

n2o9xd.jpg

Once you cut it, double check one more time and make sure the valence sits flush:

2v307j8.jpg

Now... once you have the line cute, use the provided template to mark the holes to drill.

69qpuq.jpg

2n8di8j.jpg

se7lly.jpg

Once you have all 13 holes drilled, lay the valence back onto the bumper. use the provided 3m tape to run a line on it. (In directions from ROUSH) From there, from underneath, use the provided alan screws to screw into the valence.

dh65hg.jpg

2cp26i1.jpg

Now... on the side part of the valence to the bumper... The Premium bumper will have a tab to use. The Base does not have it. So we drilled a small hole and used a zip tie to secure it.

29ld4y1.jpg

t0te1l.jpg

Onvce the valence is secure against the bumper.. Reinstall the bumper onto the car and double check the fitment. Once it is mounted, use the ROUSH instructions to install the support brackets underneath to the spare wheel-well.

15xo2sj.jpg

Line up the tips and install those like any other style.

NOW...... On the side by the tire, the valence is going to not sit perfectly against the bumper. The bumper will bow in a tad and leave a small gap. What I did... I used a good adhesive and put a line on the bottom of it and pushed it against the valence and held it with a clamp. (my apologies, I did not get pics of this part)

After letting it sit over night, it was secure.

1z4gvwm.jpg

And now..... Here is the completed install:

2vvtd9y.jpg

Now...... MY tips.....

Going to take at least 3-4 hours.

Do not be mad if you have to install and un-install it many times

It will require some thinking

Patience :-)

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

**** This may work on a Ecoboost too ****
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
This will be my next mod. I was considering YOLO'ng the whole thing and doing just like you have. I appreciate you doing the dirty work ahead of time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Hopefull) 2015 Mustang GT PP
Question, when you are talking about aligning the roush valance to the bumper to make the cutting line are saying use the templet or the actual roush valance?

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Question, when you are talking about aligning the roush valance to the bumper to make the cutting line are saying use the templet or the actual roush valance?

when drilling the mounting holes.. you use the template ROUSH provides.

When cutting so the valence fits correctly.. you use the valence

Sponsored

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
I've been wanting to do this for so long.... Soon may be the time.

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Does anyone have any idea if these tips could be made to work with the stock mufflers?

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Does anyone have any idea if these tips could be made to work with the stock mufflers?
With some cutting and re-welding I bet it could work.

Sponsored

Bryan_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Does any one know if this can be done with either the Anderson Composites or Ikon motorsports gt350 valence?

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Does any one know if this can be done with either the Anderson Composites or Ikon motorsports gt350 valence?

Corsa makes a Quad for the GT350 now