Sponsored

Any GT 350 non R owners do a resonator delete and regret it?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
How much louder then the non R. I think in loud mode the non R can get you a ticket
Oh 100%. I had a friend drive my car around the block in downtown Milwaukee just to hear for myself how loud it is and oh my god...the sound bounced off of buildings and alleys like crazy. I can't imagine how it is with my resonators gone.

There is absolutely a noticeable difference between the R and base exhaust. At autocross I cranked out a 95dB reading at 50 feet. With my Corsa X pipe, I registered 100...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If it were just me and I didn't have neighbors or I didn't worry about fitting in in polite society I would delete the resonators. Oh, and if I never went on long trips in the car where I want it to be super quiet during highway cruise. IMO it's loud enough now that I can hear it easily - and that's loud enough for me. I don't want to irritate others more than I already do.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
If it were just me and I didn't have neighbors or I didn't worry about fitting in in polite society I would delete the resonators. Oh, and if I never went on long trips in the car where I want it to be super quiet during highway cruise. IMO it's loud enough now that I can hear it easily - and that's loud enough for me. I don't want to irritate others more than I already do.

Normal mode is really damn quiet even with the resonators removed. I have absolutely ZERO issues with noise when in normal mode. It sounds exactly the same to me with/without resonators in normal mode. The only difference is cold starts. Once it's warmed up, it sounds perfectly tame until you turn it to Sport mode.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Only regret cutting up the orginal exhaust. It's not the end of the world, though. I do not regret the sound. In fact, my next mod will be exhaust. It's so quiet now. ;)

AutoX R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Normal mode is really damn quiet even with the resonators removed. I have absolutely ZERO issues with noise when in normal mode. It sounds exactly the same to me with/without resonators in normal mode. The only difference is cold starts. Once it's warmed up, it sounds perfectly tame until you turn it to Sport mode.
I totally agree. Cold starts can be a bit loud, but it quiets down quickly. I always refer to normal mode as polite mode.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Can't you jest order the R pipes, are they just clamped to the X pipe.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can't you jest order the R pipes, are they just clamped to the X pipe.
The cat-back is a single welded assembly, $1700 or so not including shipping

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I hear what you are saying. I leave for work at ~5:30 am and just that cold startup is already louder than I want it to be. My nearest neighbors are 75-100 yards away but I still feel bad for them every time I start the car.

Other than cold start up it might be ok. I realize I could leave the garage door closed when I start the car and let the car quiet down a little before opening the garage door, but I'm just going to leave the exhaust alone instead. :cheers:

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I hear what you are saying. I leave for work at ~5:30 am and just that cold startup is already louder than I want it to be. My nearest neighbors are 75-100 yards away but I still feel bad for them every time I start the car.

Other than cold start up it might be ok. I realize I could leave the garage door closed when I start the car and let the car quiet down a little before opening the garage door, but I'm just going to leave the exhaust alone instead. :cheers:
Starting the car in reverse gear takes away the valve self-test and makes startup less loud.

locknload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Starting the car in reverse gear takes away the valve self-test and makes startup less loud.
That's great info, thanks.

Sponsored

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
Yes good to know. I have the corsa x pipe which deletes the factory resonators and puts in a nice flowing double helix crossover. Sounds great and not too loud in normal mode. In sport it definitely lets the crackle and pop come through which is great. I have been starting mine up with the garage closed in the morning at first to avoid that initial loud crack when starting her cold. I'll have to try the reverse gear before start.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I've done the resonator delete on two different GT350s and still don't regret it! :)

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Shifteck resonator delete x-pipe, absolutely no regrets. Sounds fantastic!!!!!

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
That's great info, thanks.
I've also found I can get in the car and push the start button for ignition on without pushing the clutch in and starting the car. After 5 - 10 seconds I can then start the car and the exhaust valves are closed on start up.

locknload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've also found I can get in the car and push the start button for ignition on without pushing the clutch in and starting the car. After 5 - 10 seconds I can then start the car and the exhaust valves are closed on start up.
Funny, right after my last comment, I found that if I just push the clutch pedal down for a few seconds prior to hitting the start button, the valve performs its test cycle and it will start in normal mode.
Sponsored