BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
For $2k+, that exhaust should sound like the car is shitting gold.

JK, sub'd!
Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks.

I'm having troubles figuring out how so much power was gained from essentially stock diameter.

Can you elaborate David? Thanks a bunch.
Okay, great question.

The gains are found in 2 areas. The X-Pipe and Muffler setup.

Below, I've posted pictures of both the OEM X-Pipe as well as our (Borla's) X-Pipe.

You can see that the OEM is really not a true X-Pipe but rather a stamped piece that's not ideal for flow. Also, there's a diameter decrease going into and exiting the X-Pipe and resonator.

The Borla is a true X-Pipe that maximizes flow and maintains the 2.75" diameter throughout.

Our straight through mufflers also outflow the stock muffler configuration.

If you have further questions please let me know.
OEM SYSTEM FORD GT 350 (2).jpg
BORLA SYSTEM FORD GT 350 (7).jpg

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Okay, great question.

Below, I've posted pictures of both the OEM X-Pipe as well as our (Borla's) X-Pipe.

You can see that the OEM is really not a true X-Pipe but rather a stamped piece that's not ideal for flow. Also, there's a diameter decrease going into and exiting the X-Pipe and resonator.

The Borla is a true X-Pipe that maximizes flow and maintains the 2.75" diameter throughout.

What would be the difference between your style X pipe and one like this where the exhaust flow crosses eachother? Reason I ask is bc I see alot of exhaust manufactures fab it like yours where it looks more like to pipes connected with a slight bend but the full exhaust flow of each pipe doesn't cross.

1A1CC605-FF7D-4DB6-90C3-A87E03197213.jpg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Funny everybody commenting on how expensive this is. Coming from BMW where their axle back only MPE with tips cost 5k plus and most other brands are still 3k plus......this looks like an absolute bargain.

I didn't think I'd be looking at exhausts for this car, but I gotta admit, the extra power is tempting. Probably feels like it revs a little quicker as well. Just worried it might me a little too loud for my taste as the stock exhaust is plenty loud. I've always liked Borla products, but never had one.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Okay, great question.

Can you tell me the overall length of "just" the X pipe please.
I have American Racing headers and off road X pipes and until your system is delivered to my door some day this week I'm curious as to what the X pipe length of the ARH is compared to yours. I know some cutting will be needed somewhere, but if you can provide this now that would be great! Or I could just get the ARH collector pipe that is designed to retain the stock exhaust style with their headers which would be easier and would mate right to your system.
Thanks.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Okay, great question.

Thanks for the reply David. I'd like to ask a favour if possible (can be done with any phone app) ....

Can you guys take a DB reading of some revs say 12" from the exhaust tips of a stock system and yours? This could give people peace of mind in quiet mode entering/leaving their neighbourhoods.

If it's only 3-5db higher on quiet mode it should be just fine. 3-5db above and beyond in open mode will be loud, but awesome haha.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Funny everybody commenting on how expensive this is. Coming from BMW where their axle back only MPE with tips cost 5k plus and most other brands are still 3k plus......this looks like an absolute bargain.

I didn't think I'd be looking at exhausts for this car, but I gotta admit, the extra power is tempting. Probably feels like it revs a little quicker as well. Just worried it might me a little too loud for my taste as the stock exhaust is plenty loud. I've always liked Borla products, but never had one.
That's 2 different categories. BMW exhaust are taxed but they also usually use titanium and carbon which drives the cost up.

The comparable GT exhaust to this cost $1400 retail and includes tips. This exhaust is about $700+ more but comes with the dual mode and no tips.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
That's 2 different categories. BMW exhaust are taxed but they also usually use titanium and carbon which drives the cost up.

The comparable GT exhaust to this cost $1400 retail and includes tips. This exhaust is about $700+ more but comes with the dual mode and no tips.
If your really bored, check out the prices on the non titanium for a full exhaust on M cars.

I agree, it's all relative, but this still isn't bad at all.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are you going to offer a mid section? I'd like to kill my resonators and fix the X pipe but I can't go any louder than basically a stock R. Race track and local club restrictions.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If your really bored, check out the prices on the non titanium for a full exhaust on M cars.

I agree, it's all relative, but this still isn't bad at all.
Yea it's a crazy tax on parts just bc of the car. Look at GTR exhausts, those are crazy too

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Waiting for some sound clips!

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Nice! Any chance you can video it?
I went to Borla and drove my car with LT & ATAK system and I was impressed l could feel the power through the gears sounded amazing like a FPC but (loud)
They are putting the stock headers & cats back in I should have it back in a day or 2 with just the ATAK system installed . I did get a Vid but can't post it until Borla post there vid of the system should be soon.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I went to Borla and drove my car with LT & ATAK system and I was impressed l could feel the power through the gears sounded amazing like a FPC but (loud)
They are putting the stock headers & cats back in I should have it back in a day or 2 with just the ATAK system installed . I did get a Vid but can't post it until Borla post there vid of the system should be soon.
I'm curious. Did your car have any CELs? I was under the impression longtubes required a tune.

If your car did have a CEL, you shouldn't have felt more power.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm curious. Did your car have any CELs? I was under the impression longtubes required a tune.

If your car did have a CEL, you shouldn't have felt more power.
When I prototyped the ARH long tubes and off road X pipe on stock tune I never had a CEL come on
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.