Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
96cobra, you make a very good point. I use the mystang.life site that one of the members here put together (awesome site by the way, beer on me for that guy if he ever makes it the Bay Area). I don't bother clicking on any of the cars that have more than 10 miles, because I don't want to buy something that a dealer GM hammered on for a weekend. Then I have to weed out anything that isn't electronics package + recaros. Now it's down to color preference. The Grabber Blue cars are pretty scarce, significantly rarer than the Avalanche Grey that's for sure.

Still, that narrows it down to about 15 to 20 cars. I can't imagine all those cars have problems. It's probably a combination of things, maybe they're at small town dealerships and the sales manager prefers to keep it on the floor to bring people in and sell them on a GT or EcoBoost. Maybe there's another dealership nearby that got more allocations and the potential customers who get serious end up with a better deal at the big volume dealer.

Anyway, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger, but am not in a huge rush. I might wait for the weather to start turning a bit in the middle of the country and see if I can find some deals then.
Sponsored

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
96cobra, you make a very good point. I use the mystang.life site that one of the members here put together (awesome site by the way, beer on me for that guy if he ever makes it the Bay Area). I don't bother clicking on any of the cars that have more than 10 miles, because I don't want to buy something that a dealer GM hammered on for a weekend. Then I have to weed out anything that isn't electronics package + recaros. Now it's down to color preference. The Grabber Blue cars are pretty scarce, significantly rarer than the Avalanche Grey that's for sure.

Still, that narrows it down to about 15 to 20 cars. I can't imagine all those cars have problems. It's probably a combination of things, maybe they're at small town dealerships and the sales manager prefers to keep it on the floor to bring people in and sell them on a GT or EcoBoost. Maybe there's another dealership nearby that got more allocations and the potential customers who get serious end up with a better deal at the big volume dealer.

Anyway, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger, but am not in a huge rush. I might wait for the weather to start turning a bit in the middle of the country and see if I can find some deals then.
Thats my same spot as well... It seems as though the smaller dealerships are more so willing to go closer to MSRP than the big high-volume dealers. Especially when you look in an area that is not really affluent. I think those dealers get their allocation in, and no one around them really is interested nor can afford the price, so they sit on their lot at a high expense to the dealer. I would imagine they would want to get rid of it as quick as they could because the car can't be cheap to keep in their inventory long.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Long overdue post. Haha. Got my R last year, here are a few videos (walkaround of the lightning blue w/white stripes) and a few videos I've taken or had taken of the R.

No edits here, so we're not airing this on CBS anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCFr2QusjwrrxLKTDwGQ0SQ

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ahhh, Beautiful!!! The sun and the lightning blue look amazing together. Exactly how I plan to spec my non-R :headbang::headbang:
Thanks...ya, for any of you who are wondering about the lightning blue, that’s pretty true to the color. It still mesmerizes me in most lighting conditions.

R

Sponsored

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
Got my VIN # last week for my 2018 non R!!!! Getting excited, called and they said scheduled date to begin build is 11/06.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Scheduling is done for 2017. I got the message below from my sales rep. So if you do not have a VIN by now then you will waiting until 2018. :(

Our Sales manager spoke with the Ford Rep yesterday. She told him that Ford has finished with scheduling for 2017. The next scheduled build will not occur until the first quarter (Jan – Feb) of 2018. We will have to wait until then for the vehicle to get picked up for scheduling.

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Awaiting the arrival of my GT350. Its Lightning Blue with the Electronics package, white OTS. Ordered by my dealer on 7/11/17, finished production on 9/12/17 has sat in the "Awaiting Shipment" mode until today (9/26)...finally went into the "In Transit" mode just today, YAY!! Still likely at least 3 weeks out as I'm SoCal and it takes the train forever to get out here. My last ordered Shelby got stuck in a Kansas City Rail "mixing" yard for 21 days before moving on...hopefully this one will be quicker!!

Mods/Parts are stacked in the garage just waiting :)

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Awaiting the arrival of my GT350. Its Lightning Blue with the Electronics package, white OTS. Ordered by my dealer on 7/11/17, finished production on 9/12/17 has sat in the "Awaiting Shipment" mode until today (9/26)...finally went into the "In Transit" mode just today, YAY!! Still likely at least 3 weeks out as I'm SoCal and it takes the train forever to get out here. My last ordered Shelby got stuck in a Kansas City Rail "mixing" yard for 21 days before moving on...hopefully this one will be quicker!!

Mods/Parts are stacked in the garage just waiting :)
I am from kansas city. This time i'll make sure your Shelby is not stuck over here. :p

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Ahhh so excited. I put my order for a lightning blue with white stripe non-R 2 days ago!!

How long did it take most of you to get your VIN?

Sponsored

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhh so excited. I put my order for a lightning blue with white stripe non-R 2 days ago!!

How long did it take most of you to get your VIN?
Well, placed my original order just over 70 weeks ago. Never got a VIN (because of the seat issue). Ordered again this time on 7-29. Still no VIN again and I am priority 10. So I guess it comes down to how lucky are you? Hopefully more than I am.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Well, placed my original order just over 70 weeks ago. Never got a VIN (because of the seat issue). Ordered again this time on 7-29. Still no VIN again and I am priority 10. So I guess it comes down to how lucky are you? Hopefully more than I am.
Wow. Over 2 months and no vin eh? If it’s just you, I’m sure that’s what others and I will be expierencing as well... especially with this planned shut-down.

I just looked at my order form and I am priority 10 as well. Is that the only way to really track the car, by the VIN?

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Got my vin today. Ruby red convenience pkg with no stipes coming soon!

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Exciting!!!!. About how long did it take for you to get it? When was your order date?
Either 8/15 or 8/17. Relieved there's no delay on the leather seats.
Sponsored