Sponsored

GT350 R - who has one and what was ADM??

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Id like to see proof if you got your car in the bay. I know Ford store is a good dealership, but saying you didnt pay adm for an R sounds like bullshit.
Someone would need to prove this why?
You can choose to believe it or not.:frusty:
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Id like to see proof if you got your car in the bay. I know Ford store is a good dealership, but saying you didnt pay adm for an R sounds like bullshit.
Oh man.

Why not just demand a notarized copy of his invoice. Perhaps a picture holding the notarized copy in one hand, a copy of today's mercury news in the other, standing on one foot, at the dealer, in front of the GMs office.

radioactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
previous 67 GTA fastback, 67 vert, 07 GT
Perhaps lessons in geography and Canadian pricing may be in order here.:shrug:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Someone would need to prove this why?
You can choose to believe it or not.:frusty:
Oh man.

Why not just demand a notarized copy of his invoice. Perhaps a picture holding the notarized copy in one hand, a copy of today's mercury news in the other, standing on one foot, at the dealer, in front of the GMs office.
Perhaps lessons in geography and Canadian pricing may be in order here.:shrug:
It's hard to believe because the minimum adm here in the entire bay area is what, 10k, that is for a regular gt350. Cmon, it's a stretch to believe someone got an R for msrp when a dealers with an allocated R are trying to sell them with 50k adm. I'm just being a realist. Had he gotten that car for msrp, what is stopping him from selling and banking a $40k?

I'm surprised he didn't order 3 R's no adm, sold 2, basically getting one of them for free!:headbonk:
I used to do property management in Los Gatos so I wouldn't doubt fuhrius paid cash. Just doubting not paying adm for his R.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
It's hard to believe because the minimum adm here in the entire bay area is what, 10k, that is for a regular gt350. Cmon, it's a stretch to believe someone got an R for msrp when a dealers with an allocated R are trying to sell them with 50k adm. I'm just being a realist. Had he gotten that car for msrp, what is stopping him from selling and banking a $40k?

I'm surprised he didn't order 3 R's no adm, sold 2, basically getting one of them for free!:headbonk:
I used to do property management in Los Gatos so I wouldn't doubt fuhrius paid cash. Just doubting not paying adm for his R.
He bought from Ford Store Morgan Hill, which doesn't do ADMs.

You think they had 3 allocations for R's and would sell them all to the same person? :crazy:

If I had an R I wouldn't sell it for $40,000 ADM. It would take a 911 GT3 to get me out of the GT350R (and the non-R for that matter).

To the OP: Dealers will try to get a high markup for the R due to its limited nature. You need to decide what it is worth to you. I would have loved to find an R at MSRP, but had a hard enough time finding a non-R for $2500 over. I love the car and feel that I can turn it into something similar to an R with lightweight wheels and R-comps. If I were ordering now, I'd try to find an R for maybe $5000 over (I think that would be a lucky find), but if I couldn't, I'd go with a 2017 GT350 in Ruby Red with black stripes and a black roof. Might spring for the upgraded radio in order to get toggle switches, but not 100% sure on that.

-T

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
+1. Just because most bay area dealers and flippers would do that, doesnt mean they all will. I also had the Ford Store confirm they sold all of their allocations at MSRP in early June. I bought my GT350 at msrp, could likely have tried to flip it locally but owning one is more rewarding than pocketing some cash.

And just because bay area dealers are asking those ADMs doesnt mean they are getting them. In fact it proves exactly that, they still have the cars, thus have not hooked a sucker yet.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Oh man.

LOL!

Asinine.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
the town east buyer paid 30k adm,

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Last summer, I decided to buy a GT 350, really wanted an R. Local dealer was only allocated one base car and it was already sold at $20k ADM when I inquired. I live in northern AZ so I took a trip to Las Vegas to the largest Mustang dealer there. Like my local dealer, they wanted $20k ADM for a base car. They would guarantee an R model but the price was 2X MSRP. I told them to put their R where the sun don't shine. I eventually bought a Tech pkg car online for $5k adm, thought I got a pretty good deal but not so great, I now see. Disappointed that Ford has now combined Tech/Track packages for '17, what I would have liked to order in lieu of an R.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Disappointed that Ford has now combined Tech/Track packages for '17, what I would have liked to order in lieu of an R.
I ended up struggling with the either/or choice as well, but ended up going with the track pack. Love the car, but agree that Ford really dropped the ball on the option packages for the early adopters.

Still, adding some aftermarket coolers shouldn't be that big a deal. Happens all the time in the industry, and one of the biggest hurdles is finding space for them. At least the tech pack has that issue taken care of from the start.

-T

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
You hit a correct point. I think several R owners/purchasers could have been swayed by a lower model that incorporated convenience and performance features.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
You hit a correct point. I think several R owners/purchasers could have been swayed by a lower model that incorporated convenience and performance features.
Yep I agree. I would have gotten the track pack if it came with SYNC 3 possibly. Going Friday to try and sure up an R for '17 as I gave up on '16s at this point.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

some people add value to the forum. others, no so much.

paying cash would only make sense if you can't find places to make money work at >~2% (the rate on a car loan).

I may not even have an R...I could be making the whole thing up.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
some people add value to the forum. others, no so much.

paying cash would only make sense if you can't find places to make money work at >~2% (the rate on a car loan).

I may not even have an R...I could be making the whole thing up.
Hell I got 1.8%. It's close to being free money.
Sponsored