Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello! Would it work for my 2016 Mustang Ecoboost? I just wanted to ask before downloading! I dont have nav. That's why I want carplay!!
Thank you!!!:thumbsup:
if you have Sync 3 with the 8" screen, yes
Sponsored

19 Kilo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Metallic
Right, [MENTION=20670]19 Kilo[/MENTION] what you _can_ do for a little added functionality, is install the dual port (which I find more convenient anyway ...) and then wire up a little adapter for MiniUSB (F) to USB A (M), and use a USB power adapter in the power port (in the armrest).

Then you'd (potentially) have two fully functional USB ports (power + data) and a 3rd port in the front that's power only which I think would be handy for a passenger, or charging a GoPro, whatever.

Added the two port tonight and updated the software. On the two port module, only the black cable connects. The second port where the gray cable goes is just a dummy port. Power connects as normal.

I think the front port still gets power though. If anything is plugged into it I get the "This module is not supported, please remove it" message. I'll plug something dumb into it tmr and see. My hope is that it will still charge something like an e-cig device while the console ports run the phones. That will ensure my wife gets nicotine on long road trips and I reduce my getting stabbed in the neck occurrences because she's fiending...

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
How do we trust the downloaded file? What if the file is not legit (since it is not officially released by Ford) and contains a security vulnerability?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How do we trust the downloaded file? What if the file is not legit (since it is not officially released by Ford) and contains a security vulnerability?
its not windows update for cryin out loud :lol:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you are worried, just download it from Ford servers. Its available officially for Lincolns. So all you need is a 2016 Lincoln VIN (easily found on line) and create a bogus owner account and download it.

its not windows update for cryin out loud :lol:
Yeah, a Windows update with malware can crash your PC, but a Sync update with malware could only crash your car. ;)

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
there are how many of us on that successfully downloaded and used this unofficial version, lol I think its fine..........those that are that concerned, you can wait for Ford to release it, Im sure thats coming any day now

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If you are worried, just download it from Ford servers. Its available officially for Lincolns. So all you need is a 2016 Lincoln VIN (easily found on line) and create a bogus owner account and download it.

Yeah, a Windows update with malware can crash your PC, but a Sync update with malware could only crash your car. ;)
the thing with these software is that if the installation fails for whatever reason it doesnt affect the existing software, unless you turn the car off and the power dies etc.. and 186 pages of successful installs is a pretty solid evidence nothing bad has happened :thumbsup:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The way to verify the files is with MD5 and SHAx checksum values.

Back in December I posted the checksums from the Lincoln files... I don't think they ever made it to the OP. You can check them against the Lincoln files yourself to verify... so don't take my word for it.

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
Just checked owner.ford.com and Official Sync 3 version 2.2 is up!
Downloading now.

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is non-Nav version. File size is 2.2GB.

Sponsored

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Will my car recognize and download the official 2.2 automatically via wireless update if it already has the unofficial version installed?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
i wonder if its the same as the leak in january or if its updated with some fixes that are needed

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go.
screen.jpg
Sponsored