Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! I remember seeing avalanche in person on I-94 near Dearborn a few months ago and it is very cool!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hmmmm Bossing, your going to need a handle change.
Maybe we need a poll with several ideas.
350ing or Sheblying LOL

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Hmmmm Bossing, your going to need a handle change.
Maybe we need a poll with several ideas.
350ing or Sheblying LOL
:lol: LMAO :lol:

How about Voodooing ? :D

-----

While my car is in transit amongst Bentleys and Rolls Royces.... here's a few pics of the Owner's Manual contents. :thumbsup:

And the track alignment specs! So cool! :headbang:

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What are your overall driving impressions?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
What are your overall driving impressions?
Overall so far under 200 miles of highway & city driving... a solid grade A.

Clutch: Very light; short release; but I actually like it this way since my Z06 feels somewhat the same because it also has a light feeling. The GT350 feels be a bit lighter though. What's nice about the light clutch pedal pressure is the ease during urban traffic. And it's bang on. Once you guys get the hang of it, it's great IMO.

Shifter: One of my favs so far... it's short throw, it's direct & precise, and it's fun to row quickly. Not much notchiness if any to me. Love it!

Steering: Good road feel IMO; good feedback and definitely firm & sporty to me... again I like the feeling because it's similar to my Z. I drove my Porsche earlier and noticed the steering on that was heavier feeling when compared to the Shelby. I do like the fact that on the GT350 you can change steering modes. Comfort to Normal to Sport. One warning though is sometimes you'll need to firmly handle the steering since the wide tires can tramline on the road... that's one of the inherent effects of Michelin's MPSS or Cup 2's. After all, this is a very sporty race-like car. Turn-in is spot on under high G's... look ahead, point... and it just follows & goes!

Brakes: I haven't pushed hard on braking yet but for normal driving it's feels fine. Quiet too... I didn't hear any brake squeal. I'm confident in the braking though... after all, those calipers mean business and those rotors are huge!

Suspension: I played with the 2 MagneRide mode changes and the damping gap in between modes isn't a huge difference to me. Definitely firmer for Sport and just less firm in Normal mode. When I was on I-95 in downtown Philly I immediately switched to Normal damping while in Sport mode since the road was quite bumpy. It absorbed it well but you'll still feel the undulations. I was telling my buddy that I miss FL roads... much smoother and flat. Also keep in mind I am used to the Z06's Magride which has 3 modes and the difference in that is greater than the difference in the GT350. Overall though the GT350 with MagneRide is still fine for daily driving... just keep the damping mode in Normal mode. So glad to have it... MR is another fav of mine. I'll just leave it in Sport damping mode majority of times down here.

Power: Contrary to those who are bench racing and prophesizing that this does not have enough low end or torque below 3K rpm for daily driving... boy are they wrong. Even at low rpm's or lower speeds, you can easily get yourself in trouble by suddenly loosing the rear/tail. I felt it happen to me a few times on tight fast turn-ins and I was less than half full throttle. It certainly has ample torque from 1k to 3k to move out & about with ease and swiftness. And once you hit the mid-3k rpm and above... wow, it's like warp speed magnified. Seriously... for a naturally aspirated high-revving powerplant it gets moving fast in a blink of an eye jiffy. It definitely feels quicker & faster than my Boss 302. And you will definitely hear & feel the NVH of that high revving FPC. It's scary at first since I'm not used to it.... the Voodoo buzzing and screaming but as the Ford Performance engineers say, don't lift and don't shift! Plus the sound... that effin amazing exhaust sound. Pure ecstasy! Don't even dare turn that stereo system on! :headbang:

I can't wait for mine to arrive down here in FL... after typing all this, I wish I can just go out and drive another 100+ miles with no destination in mind. This is a driver's car. All motor. Well balanced. Great steering and braking. Performance car of the year worthy indeed. You folks will love it! :thumbsup:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Thanks for the great write up of your initial impressions. I like that the motor doesn't necessarily awaken until 3.5k and above, since daily driving occurs under that rpm range. Plus having to hit 3.5k and above to have the car feeling like its taking off is more dramatic and exciting to me.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Great summary [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION]

Definitely sounds like a great drivers car

Sponsored

jbyrd850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
focus
Awesome thread, will definitely keep checking back so please keep posting your experience(s) with the car.

Dude you have a gt350, a z06, and a porsche, and you live in palm beach, can we be friends? lol

In all seriousness though great thread and particularly interesting to me because Ive been waiting to get back into a sporty car for a while now and am actually between the gt350 and a c7, no z06 though thats out of my budget. I've gone back and forth between the two but recently have been leaning to the vette. Seems sportier to me and also going to be much easier to get a deal on.

Curious if you have any comments on a c7 vs a gt350 for just an all around fun and bad ass car. I dont track but I do drive spirited and it would be my DD

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Awesome thread, will definitely keep checking back so please keep posting your experience(s) with the car.

Dude you have a gt350, a z06, and a porsche, and you live in palm beach, can we be friends? lol

In all seriousness though great thread and particularly interesting to me because Ive been waiting to get back into a sporty car for a while now and am actually between the gt350 and a c7, no z06 though thats out of my budget. I've gone back and forth between the two but recently have been leaning to the vette. Seems sportier to me and also going to be much easier to get a deal on.

Curious if you have any comments on a c7 vs a gt350 for just an all around fun and bad ass car. I dont track but I do drive spirited and it would be my DD
How ironic! After I posted earlier I was pondering which car I'd choose... a C7 Z51 Stingray or the GT350 Track (or R if attainable). I had a 2014 Z51 at first {pic below as proof ;)} and that's a well handling & balanced car.

The Stingray's LT1 also has plenty of torque but it does lose some of its top end when compared to the GT350 which feels like endless rpm's. The C7's tech features trump the GT350 easily... but the GT350 trump's the Stingray due to the rawness, the bad to the bone character, and presently it surely has a better X or wow factor than the Vette. That translates to very fun to own, not just to drive! As far as exhaust sound stock vs. stock (even with NPP on the C7), the GT350 hands down sounds WAY WAYYY better. From idle to WOT, the GT350 should win a Grammy every year! If that can't get you excited I don't what will! Well maybe the bunny ranch? But this is the wrong forum for that. :D

They're both fun honestly, the cars that is... the C7 is a true sports car while the GT350 feels like the sportiest pony/muscle car that can embarrass many sports cars out there. I think the GT350 Track and for sure the R can spank the Z51 on many road courses across our nation. Maybe not by many seconds per se but I think it will surprise many. Kinda like how the Z/28 can lap the Stingray on many tracks as well. So spirited driving, pick your poison... IF I had to pick just one right now, knowing well how both cars feel like to drive on the public road and on the private track... hmm. Tough choice at first but my gut and driver instinct will go to the GT350 Track or Tech (because Mag Ride) and because it's more badass too! :thumbsup:

Good luck! If you were near me, I'd show and take you for a spin in both cars... :cheers:

My previous Z51 below.... and put it this way, you can easily get rid of the new Shelby and not lose value if any than with the C7 which are seen almost everywhere nowadays but I do understand that the Stingray is easier to get a nice discount on if you go that route.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I agree with everything Bossing says about the C7 vs. the GT 350. After a C5 Z06 and a C6 with Z51, I was planning to order a C7 with Z51. Fortunately in my case, time off for surgery gave me time to reconsider and delay my decision. Even though a C7 is a great car and you pretty much can buy one at invoice, it's still just another Corvette - while the Shelby GT 350 really is something special.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Even though a C7 is a great car and you pretty much can buy one at invoice, it's still just another Corvette - while the Shelby GT 350 really is something special.
The logical choice would be if I can't get the GT350 for some reason, it'd be the C7. Just to get some sort of american V8 before they all get the ax. But I know I would never be satisfied because there's nothing special about that motor. So for me, GT350 or nothing at all.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
Congrats man! Been a pleasure talking with you! Congrats on taking delivery. Enjoy!
Sponsored