Sponsored

Project 6: My 15 V6 project

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
Zach, do you think the gauges colors can be changed to ice blue in the v6? add the pony projection on the side mirrors? and last question when will the aftermarkets come with a bigger infotainment system for base cars?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Zach, do you think the gauges colors can be changed to ice blue in the v6? add the pony projection on the side mirrors? and last question when will the aftermarkets come with a bigger infotainment system for base cars?
I think the gauge cluster on the base model is the same as the premium cluster in terms of hardware. Where I think they differ is in programming. By default the base cluster has mycolor disabled. A reprograming of the base cluster with what is called "as built" data from a premium could allow for the activation of mycolor. Of course you could always just buy a premium cluster and install it. The problem with that though is that the passive antitheft system would not allow the car to start as it is not programed. A Ford dealer should be able to do this though.

The pony projectors are possible as well with some custom wiring. I actually have a set that I am going to install soon.

The last I heard, custom bezels for 2 din radio units are not arriving until 2016 so expect to at least hear something by early 2016.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Nice! I'm going to be doing some stuff to mine as well, give it a premium package and more. Nice to see the V6 get some love from their owners if not from Ford!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Emblems installed!

Got these on today before the party started!
IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1245.jpg

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
^^^^ very cool! They stick on? How firm are they affixed?

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
I think the gauge cluster on the base model is the same as the premium cluster in terms of hardware. Where I think they differ is in programming. By default the base cluster has mycolor disabled. A reprograming of the base cluster with what is called "as built" data from a premium could allow for the activation of mycolor. Of course you could always just buy a premium cluster and install it. The problem with that though is that the passive antitheft system would not allow the car to start as it is not programed. A Ford dealer should be able to do this though.

The pony projectors are possible as well with some custom wiring. I actually have a set that I am going to install soon.

The last I heard, custom bezels for 2 din radio units are not arriving until 2016 so expect to at least hear something by early 2016.
Thanks! But I think re-programming the cluster would be easier than swapping I find boring the white in the instrument cluster.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ very cool! They stick on? How firm are they affixed?
They have automotive grade adhesive tape on the back! Very well attached! The only way you will be getting these off is with a heat gun.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! But I think re-programming the cluster would be easier than swapping I find boring the white in the instrument cluster.
You would think! The problem is acquiring the as built data for a premium.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The car is now officially tuned by Torrie from Unleashed! 93 octane tune for the time being! He is also working on a 87 tune for me for when I head back to school and want to keep costs down. :cool:

We went through 4 revisions and many datalogging sessions before the 3k hesitation was cured. He needed to add more fuel then expected sooner in the rpm band to compensate for the increased airflow. I guess thats a good thing right? Haha! :D
IMG_1266.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ok so first 0-60 run after Torrie's 93 tune!

[ame]

Keep in mind that my best time before was 5.5s but was achieved in 40 degree weather. Other differences between the runs are less then half a tank for the previous best verses a full take on this run as well as sport mode for the first verses drive for this run. I wanted to show off Torrie's normal drive mode shifting. With all of this in mind, if I were to do a exact copy of the previous best I would estimate my 0-60 time would be around 5.2-5.3. More to come!

Jondroot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (race red)
Well that's disappointing.. if you were getting 5.5 with mods and get 5.5 with mods plus tune, where's the bump?? How warm was it during your run? And what was your previous best in drive mode?

Thanks!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Well that's disappointing.. if you were getting 5.5 with mods and get 5.5 with mods plus tune, where's the bump?? How warm was it during your run? And what was your previous best in drive mode?

Thanks!
The difference comes in the specifics of each run. My previous best was done in 40 degree weather, less then a quarter tank of gas, newer tires, and it was done in sport mode. This run was done in mid 70 degree weather, full tank of gas, and of course in normal drive mode. Without the tune in normal drive mode in current weather conditions my best was 6.0-6.1. The tune definitely made a difference!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)