Sponsored

BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have a 2016 Mustang GT NON performance pack, are these springs still recommended or is there something better for this particular car? Just looking for a beautiful lower stance to go with my 20x10 Project 6GR wheels. Thanks!
I put on the sp089/sp082 performance springs on my non-PP. The fronts felt good, but the rear was a little bouncy when going full travel. Everyday driving was fine, but there is one dip on the way home that would cause the rear to bounce too much for me. After swapping the struts/shocks to a PP set, everything felt well matched.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'm sure its right but I want to double check before installing. I dont want to end up looking like the guy who installed the fronts on the rears :doh:
Per BMR's website, the sp081 is the front performance spring. The sp082 is definitely the rear performance spring as I have them on my car.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Per BMR's website, the sp081 is the front performance spring. The sp082 is definitely the rear performance spring as I have them on my car.
Thanks for the confirmation! :cheers:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I put on the sp089/sp082 performance springs on my non-PP. The fronts felt good, but the rear was a little bouncy when going full travel. Everyday driving was fine, but there is one dip on the way home that would cause the rear to bounce too much for me. After swapping the struts/shocks to a PP set, everything felt well matched.
Do you have a link or part # for the pp strut/shocks? .

Nevermind I found it..M-18000-F

Last edited:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have a PP with BMR performance springs and they work great with 305/275/35/20 rubber. No rubbing, feels much better than it did when the car was up higher
Can I ask what your rear wheel offset/width is? Did you have to adjust camber for these springs?

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Funny, I have a PP and I threw on a set of BMR springs and LOVED IT at first. After having them on for a while and going to a few track days i have found that the stock pp dampeners are not up to the task. They are pretty loose feeling.

I think im gonna upgrade that element soon but dont know what to go with. I dont want coils and thought steeda or koni yellows but not too sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Funny, I have a PP and I threw on a set of BMR springs and LOVED IT at first. After having them on for a while and going to a few track days i have found that the stock pp dampeners are not up to the task. They are pretty loose feeling.

I think im gonna upgrade that element soon but dont know what to go with. I dont want coils and thought steeda or koni yellows but not too sure.

Steeda fixed is most probably the next stage in terms of stiffness, following by the FRPP track. Koni's are too much damper for the 89/82, they are more up to the level of the BMR handling.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Can I ask what your rear wheel offset/width is? Did you have to adjust camber for these springs?
they are the 20x11 project 6GRs in the rear. i did buy the BMR cam bolts for the front, but everything was adjusted at an alignment shop to within the factory specs with no other special parts or tweaking:cheers:

edit: i believe rear offset is 50mm, front is 35mm with a 20x10

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Steeda fixed is most probably the next stage in terms of stiffness, following by the FRPP track. Koni's are too much damper for the 89/82, they are more up to the level of the BMR handling.
Solid!

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Do you have a link or part # for the pp strut/shocks? .

Nevermind I found it..M-18000-F
Those are the FRPP Track struts/shocks and are stiffer than the OEM Performance Pack.

OEM PP is FR3Z-18124-AB front and FR3Z-18125-W rear.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

I don't plan on tracking my car, so the PP/BMR combo feels great for daily driving, but I can definitely see where something a bit stiffer would be better for the track. The non-PP rear shocks are so underdamped it's not even funny.

JMC813

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT PP
Ran a search and didn't really find the answer, but will the SP080 fit with 25mm spacers front and back? I've seen some Eibach sportlines slammed with the same spacers, so I assumed these wouldn't be an issue. Just want to be sure prior to the install.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here are the sp084 aka handling springs. The drop is very aggressive and low. 1.6--1.7 front. Bmr should fix this issue instead of bull shit info that they put on the forums about the drop being 1.2F. Plus the spring is not even close to 300lbs way too soft.

20161210_172219.jpg

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Here are the sp084 aka handling springs. The drop is very aggressive and low. 1.6--1.7 front. Bmr should fix this issue instead of bull shit info that they put on the forums about the drop being 1.2F. Plus the spring is not even close to 300lbs way too soft.
Kelly is a good guy and I think BMR will do everything they can to help.

My car dropped a little more than 1.2 inches but it looks great and clears speed bumps so I don't mind. If there were a spacer or BMR were to revise the SP084 springs to raise it a tad I would do it though.

As far as the rate, all I can say is my handling front springs feel very good. Helps brake dive, steering is sharper, and less body roll. I expected 300lb springs to be a little more stiff but I have no way to test the spring. It could just be that the springs and gt350 struts are just so well matched that they are really comfortable. There is a slight increase in bumpsteer but that's to be expected and easily adjusted.

I think your concerns are valid but try to be a bit more gentle with the way you present them.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vendors should always note on any changes made to a redesign part specially Springs. When you are looking for a spring that bmr claims to lower 1.2 it needs to be right at 1.2 not 1.7.

Bmr is not going to re design the spring because of one individual.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.