Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Would the PP arms fit a v6? I have heard that they don't and if that is true, do you know why? I really am looking into this.
The base non PP arms are the same as PP arms with the exception of mounting tabs for the brake duct. The parts all bolt in.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just got control arms back with these bearings that I won in the giveaway contest. Thank you Tommy [MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] for taking care of me yet again! I will be installing this weekend, along with the PP lower control arms. I will give my impressions of the changes when I'm done :D

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
can't wait to hear your impressions! This may be the next and probably the last of the suspension mods for me...

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
can't wait to hear your impressions! This may be the next and probably the last of the suspension mods for me...
Dennis I added them to our car earlier in the week, huge difference in hard braking, eliminated the direction changes because the caster isn't going more + and changing toe. Steering response is instant, you don't realize the steering is as numb as it is until you eliminate the bushing.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I tried very hard and used every method available to me, and I could not get the ball joint at the knuckle to budge. Penetrating oil, mini sledge, pickle fork... All of the above, nothing. I think if I got it on a lift I might have enough room to get a big swing of a mini sledge to free it up. Guess that's what I get for nearly 50k miles and two winters...:(

I will try again soon, and maybe I'll get the oil in the night before.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Unfortunately, I tried very hard and used every method available to me, and I could not get the ball joint at the knuckle to budge. Penetrating oil, mini sledge, pickle fork... All of the above, nothing. I think if I got it on a lift I might have enough room to get a big swing of a mini sledge to free it up. Guess that's what I get for nearly 50k miles and two winters...:(

I will try again soon, and maybe I'll get the oil in the night before.
Ran into the same problem trying to install mine. tried everything. ended up doing what the ford instructions say to do and ordered the 204-592 Lower Arm Ball Joint Separator from Freedom Racing along with some Extreme Pressure Thread Lubricant 280934 J-23444-A

Didn't expect to drop some extra cash for the part like this but I tried the ball joint separator from auto zone and it was too small.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ran into the same problem trying to install mine. tried everything. ended up doing what the ford instructions say to do and ordered the 204-592 Lower Arm Ball Joint Separator from Freedom Racing along with some Extreme Pressure Thread Lubricant 280934 J-23444-A

Didn't expect to drop some extra cash for the part like this but I tried the ball joint separator from auto zone and it was too small.
No way am I spending $190 for that tool. I can take it to a shop for less.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I got the unicorn ball joint removal tool in on Wednesday and got the ball joint out and changed out the bearing.
Car feels really good so far.
As far as responsiveness, I would say that it feels no different than stock when casually driving. I can however notice a difference when I am pushing the car through a corner. Before I would notice vibration coming through the steering wheel that I attributed to the rubber bushing deflecting. This seems to have been cleared up with the new bearing. Steering feels more direct now.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I rented one from Autozone just like that. It didn't work because it was too small.
Thanks for the heads up. As long as it'll stay on the knuckle it should still work. Just need to knock the knuckle with a hammer once the screw is engaged a bit. Could it just not get fully under the ball joint?

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the heads up. As long as it'll stay on the knuckle it should still work. Just need to knock the knuckle with a hammer once the screw is engaged a bit. Could it just not get fully under the ball joint?
Yes. The ball stud is longer than what the OTC 6297 Ball Joint Separator tool will open for.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. The ball stud is longer than what the OTC 6297 Ball Joint Separator tool will open for.
Ok thanks. I am going to try the SPC 37985 tool. It has a larger opening than the OTC tool.

OP
OP
Hotpart.com

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
New Lower Prices:

Front Control Arm Spherical Caster (Tension) Bushings

Now Only $188.30

J&M Products/hotpart.com Spherical Bushing Part # 24410 for the 2015-2019 S550 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, GT350 and GT350R. Testing indicates that under track use the factory soft rubber bushings have a frightful degree of deflection. J&M’s Spherical Bushing eliminates the toe and caster alignment altering bushing deviation, and provides smooth predictable suspension gesticulation under the most demanding competitive on track experiences.

The largest in the industry 1 inch spherical bearings are made from 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball; the bearing race is heat treated high strength steel with a static load rating of 104,000 when most others are rated at 55,200. The bearing liner is not the typical PTFE liner but made from sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder giving it greater load capacity and longer wear; this is the same liner material that is used in modern ball joints for a maintenance free long life.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
  • Available in clear, red and black anodize
  • A press is required to remove the factory bushing and install the new one
  • Provides vastly improved handling characteristics
  • Will not flex under load
  • Bearing liner is sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, Much strong compared to the standard PTFE liners on other bearings.
  • 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball
  • Largest in the industry 1″ spherical bearing

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Do these have extended balljoint studs like the steeda links to correct the roll center on lowered cars?
Sponsored