Sponsored

Aftermarket GT clutch in V6 (Mcleod)

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
So, I had a bunch of larger mods installed at JPC including a ram powergrip clutch (stage 2) and ram billet steel flywheel. After about a month the pressure plate is not releasing randomly. There's not many options for the v6....ram, spec, that's about it. I thought ram was the best of the small group. We certainly don't have great options like the GT. So JPC is measuring things out and we're gonna try to put a mcleod clutch in if it measures out, may need a different flywheel as well. It should in theory work since some of the gt and v6 clutches are the same. They even mention it on some vendor's websites. The flywheel from what I've read is more model specific. Anyone read anything regarding this or heard anything? Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Makes me think it was an install issue or a faulty clutch. Possibly air in the system.

OP
OP
jburgess1379

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Measurements are done and I've got a Mcleod RST and their lightened steel flywheel on the way.
So a gt clutch and flywheel will work with a v6.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am surprised the crank bolt pattern and balance is the same on the Gt flywheel. I hope it works out for you. It will be interesting to see you line up against GTs at our track day.

OP
OP
jburgess1379

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Been breaking in the clutch all weekend. Love it so far. Night and day from the Ram clutch. If any v6 needs a clutch get the Mcleod for the gt.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Been breaking in the clutch all weekend. Love it so far. Night and day from the Ram clutch. If any v6 needs a clutch get the Mcleod for the gt.
That is killer. I didn't know you had it back in. You ready to break it in at the track?

OP
OP
jburgess1379

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
That is killer. I didn't know you had it back in. You ready to break it in at the track?
Got it back friday. May have it broken in before the track day. Been putting on city miles as much as I can. The RST is great so far.
Sponsored